- HC hearing on Shahidul’s bail plea ‘Sunday’
- PM seeks India’s support for Bangladesh’s development
- BD needs assistance from IFC in bigger way: Muhith
- Rooppur Nuclear Power Plant: Bangladesh, Russia ink protocol to amend partnership deal
- Ecnec clears Tk 3,825.34 crore project to procure 1.5 lakh EVMs
- PM seeks India’s continued support for Bangladesh’s development
- Bangladeshi scientist leads discovery of novel quantum state of matter
- Rohingya influx puts biodiversity at risk in Cox’s Bazar: UN report
- Myanmar military brutality against Rohingya 'hard to fathom': UN investigator
- Shakib not returning home, wife responds to rumours
Fitra fixed at Tk 65
The government of Wednesday fixed the minimum Fitra at Tk 65 and the maximum at Tk 1650 per head for this year.
The decision was taken at a meeting of the National Fitra Fixation Committee at the conference room of the Islamic Foundation in the city.
Director of the Islamic Foundation Dr. Mohammad Abdus Salam presided over the meeting.
A handout issued by the Islamic Foundation after the meeting said the per person minimum Fitra has been fixed at Tk 65, while the maximum at Tk 1650 this year taking into account the market prices of wheat, fine wheat, dates and other items.
Fitra can be given in cash or kind. Fitra is 'wajib' (compulsory) for all members of a Muslim family and should be paid to the poor people before the eid Jamaat.