- Good men should not be quiet spectators
- We will continue to work with refugee-hosting countries to find solutions
- Voting underway for Gazipur City Corporation elections
- SC upholds Khaleda’s bail in Cumilla arson case
- Teesta inundates 10 Nilphamari villages
- AL confident of victory, fair balloting in Gazipur
- Nahid urges all to work for improving quality of education
- Looting going on in banking sector: Menon
- PM for BD-India sharing of expertise in coastal security
- Ronaldo misses penalty, Portugal draws 1-1 with Iran
Fitra fixed at Tk 65
The government of Wednesday fixed the minimum Fitra at Tk 65 and the maximum at Tk 1650 per head for this year.
The decision was taken at a meeting of the National Fitra Fixation Committee at the conference room of the Islamic Foundation in the city.
Director of the Islamic Foundation Dr. Mohammad Abdus Salam presided over the meeting.
A handout issued by the Islamic Foundation after the meeting said the per person minimum Fitra has been fixed at Tk 65, while the maximum at Tk 1650 this year taking into account the market prices of wheat, fine wheat, dates and other items.
Fitra can be given in cash or kind. Fitra is 'wajib' (compulsory) for all members of a Muslim family and should be paid to the poor people before the eid Jamaat.