- HC hearing on Shahidul’s bail plea ‘Sunday’
- PM seeks India’s support for Bangladesh’s development
- BD needs assistance from IFC in bigger way: Muhith
- Rooppur Nuclear Power Plant: Bangladesh, Russia ink protocol to amend partnership deal
- Ecnec clears Tk 3,825.34 crore project to procure 1.5 lakh EVMs
- PM seeks India’s continued support for Bangladesh’s development
- Bangladeshi scientist leads discovery of novel quantum state of matter
- Rohingya influx puts biodiversity at risk in Cox’s Bazar: UN report
- Myanmar military brutality against Rohingya 'hard to fathom': UN investigator
- Shakib not returning home, wife responds to rumours
Man to die for killing uncle in Pirojpur
A court here on Wednesday convicted a man and sentenced him to death for killing his maternal uncle in 2013.
The convict, Nibas Chandra Shil,30, son of late Sukhranjon Shil of Sadar upazila, was also fined Tk20,000.
According to the prosecution, Nibas hacked his uncle Hemlal Chandra Shil, a resident of Solshoto village in Najirpur upazila, over a land-related dispute on September 9, 2013, leaving him injured.
Hemlal was rushed to Najirpur Upazila Health Complex where doctors declared him dead.
Shyamol Kumar Shil, son of the deceased, filed a murder case against Nibas with Najirpur Police Station.
Abdul Gaffar Molla, sub-inspector of the police station, submitted a charge-sheet against Nibas on November 30, 2013.
After examining the records and witnesses, District and Sessions Judge Golam Kibria handed down the verdict.