- Guard polling centres instead of boycotting election
- Paul Allen: Microsoft co-founder and billionaire dies aged 65
- Asia stocks at 17-month low as China lets yuan slip
- UK announces $22.25m support for Rohingya refugees
- IMF forecasts 7.1pc economic growth for Bangladesh in 2019
- Bangladesh ‘least committed’ to cut rich-poor gap: Oxfam
- Bhashani Univ suspends 5 BCL leaders ‘for misbehaving with teachers’
- NKorea hackers broke into banks, tried to take US$1.1b
- Oil spill threatens Meghna; unheeded for 5 days
- Haiti quake death toll rises to 15, and 300 injured
Veterinary physician shot dead in Cox’s Bazar
Cox’s Bazar, BdChronicle:
A veterinary physician was shot dead by some unknown assailants at Mohammad Sharif Para in Ramu upazila early Wednesday.
Mohammad Hashem, in-charge of Eidgarh police camp, said a group of miscreants swooped on the house of Mahiuddin, 47, son of Firoz Ahmed Niyaji, around 1:30 am and opened fire on him, leaving him critically injured.
Later, he died on way to Chittagong Medical College Hospital.