- Guard polling centres instead of boycotting election
- Paul Allen: Microsoft co-founder and billionaire dies aged 65
- Asia stocks at 17-month low as China lets yuan slip
- UK announces $22.25m support for Rohingya refugees
- IMF forecasts 7.1pc economic growth for Bangladesh in 2019
- Bangladesh ‘least committed’ to cut rich-poor gap: Oxfam
- Bhashani Univ suspends 5 BCL leaders ‘for misbehaving with teachers’
- NKorea hackers broke into banks, tried to take US$1.1b
- Oil spill threatens Meghna; unheeded for 5 days
- Haiti quake death toll rises to 15, and 300 injured
SI among 3 killed in N’ganj road crash
Three people, including a police officer, were killed and 10 others injured in a road accident at Kanchpur in Sonargaon upazila on Wednesday night.
One of the deceased was identified as sub-inspector Quamrul Islam. Further details about him were not available immediately.
Officer-in-charge of Sonargaon Police Station Majur Quader said the accident happened when a bus crashed into a crowd and small vehicles near the Kanchpur Bridge around 8:30pm after its driver lost control over the steering.
The accident left the SI, who was coming from Gazaria of Munshiganj by a motorcycle, and two unidentified passersby dead on the spot.
Five of the injured were sent to Dhaka Medical College Hospital in the capital.