- Paul Allen: Microsoft co-founder and billionaire dies aged 65
- Asia stocks at 17-month low as China lets yuan slip
- UK announces $22.25m support for Rohingya refugees
- IMF forecasts 7.1pc economic growth for Bangladesh in 2019
- Bangladesh ‘least committed’ to cut rich-poor gap: Oxfam
- Bhashani Univ suspends 5 BCL leaders ‘for misbehaving with teachers’
- NKorea hackers broke into banks, tried to take US$1.1b
- Oil spill threatens Meghna; unheeded for 5 days
- Haiti quake death toll rises to 15, and 300 injured
- PM Sheikh Hasina donates Tk 50 lakh for Prof MahbubÕs treatment
Islami bank’s discussion held
Islami Bank Bangladesh Limited organized a discussion on ‘Humane Banking in the light of Sawm and Taqwa’ at Hotel Pan Pacific Sonargaon on Tuesday.
Presided over by Engr. Mustafa Anwar, Chairman of the Bank, Mohammad Abdul Mannan, Managing Director & CEO presented the key-note paper in the program.
M. Azizul Haq, Vice Chairman of the Bank, Prof. Dr. Muhammad Abdur Rashid, Chairman, Department of Islamic Studies, University of Dhaka and Allama Sayed Julfikar Zahur, Khateeb, Masjid At-Taqwa, Dhanmondi presented discussions in the program. Judges, diplomates, industrialists, businesspersons, senior bankers, journalists, intellectuals, educationists, ulemas, social elites along with directors and top executives of the bank attended in the program.