- HC hearing on Shahidul’s bail plea ‘Sunday’
- PM seeks India’s support for Bangladesh’s development
- BD needs assistance from IFC in bigger way: Muhith
- Rooppur Nuclear Power Plant: Bangladesh, Russia ink protocol to amend partnership deal
- Ecnec clears Tk 3,825.34 crore project to procure 1.5 lakh EVMs
- PM seeks India’s continued support for Bangladesh’s development
- Bangladeshi scientist leads discovery of novel quantum state of matter
- Rohingya influx puts biodiversity at risk in Cox’s Bazar: UN report
- Myanmar military brutality against Rohingya 'hard to fathom': UN investigator
- Shakib not returning home, wife responds to rumours
Budget Beauty: Part 1
With the eid approaching us like a charging bull, it’s high time we get our hands on all the right makeup products. Whether you like to slay the look or keep it low-key, we all need the right products.
Sadly makeup products don’t come cheap. Fortunately there are a few cheaper alternatives that do the job just as good as the highend ones.
If you are overwhelmed with the expenses of Eid shopping or just don’t want spend half of your entire life’s savings, check out these tried and tested alternatives.
Elf Mineral Face Primer instead of Smashbox Photo Finish Foundation Primer
Smashbox is great but Elf is just as good.
Nivea Men Sensitive Post Shave Balm instead of Professional Face Primer by Benefit
Shaving balm doesn’t sound like something we would use in our makeup routine. But the beauty bloggers swear by it. Kylie Jenner loves it too. It minimizes the pores, mattefies the skin and creates a smooth texture. It happens to be dirt cheap as well.
Rimmel London Match Perfection Skin Tone Adapting Concealer instead of YSL Touche Éclat
Touche Éclat has to be one of the best lightweight concealers ever. But it costs a fortune. Instead give Rimmel Match perfection a try. It goes on smooth and comes with a brush applicator. The highlighted formula is best for making your eyes pop.
L.A. Girl Pro Conceal instead of MAC Studio Finish Concealer
If you want something heavy-duty then L.A. Girl Pro Conceal will sure become your favourite. The coverage is as good as the MAC Studio Finish one but the formula is lighter and much easier to blend. You can also use it for contouring. The best part apart from being super affordable is the wide range of shades that matches our Asian skintone unlike MAC.
Maybelline Fit Me foundation instead of NARS Sheer Glow
Fit Me range offers a super buildable coverage with a lightweight formula. It comes in both matte and dewy finish and of course way cheaper than NARS. We gave it a try and it stays on for hours as well. It has all the benefits of Sheer Glow for a cheaper price and more shades for Asian skin.
L’Oréal Paris Infallible Setting Spray instead of Urban Decay All Nighter Makeup Setting Spray
To be perfectly honest nothing beats Urban Decay All Nighter. It is the best setting spray hands down. But it also costs a lot. The Infallible Setting Spray might not be as good as the UD one but it comes close second and more importantly it’s affordable. It might not be the best but it gets the job done.