- DNCC Panel Mayor Osman Gani passes away
- Grenade found in Natore
- Man killed, 38 RMG workers hurt as bus overturns hitting bike
- PM Sheikh Hasina to leave London for New York to join UNGA Sunday
- BNP joins rally of Dr Kamal-led Jatiya Oikya Prokriya
- Death toll in Iran military parade attack rises to 24: IRNA
- Action against anarchy over grenade attack case verdict: Monirul
- CEC asks politicians not to make comment on EVMs
- HC hearing on Shahidul’s bail plea ‘Sunday’
- PM seeks India’s support for Bangladesh’s development
Fed-Cup: Russel reach quarterfinals as group champion
Sheikh Russel Krira Chakra reached quarterfinals as Group-B champion after a 3-0 victory over Muktijoddha Sangshad Krira Chakra in the 12-team Federation Cup foot ball tournament at Bangabandhu National Stadium on Wednesday.
With the day’s result, Russel collected four points from two matches while group runners-up Muktijoddha bagged three points also from two matches to reach into the quarterfinals.
Russel took the lead in the 29th minute of the match with Cameroonian forward Jean J Ikanga tapping the ball into the net from the middle of the box off a neat cross of midfielder Monaem Khan Raju, 1-0.
Shahedul Alam Shahed doubled the margin by a powerful right footer shot from 30 yards in the 32nd minute, 2-0.
Forward Paul Emile extended the lead in the 44th minute by a powerful shot from the top of box off a back pass of Jean J Ikanga, 3-0.