- Good men should not be quiet spectators
- We will continue to work with refugee-hosting countries to find solutions
- Voting underway for Gazipur City Corporation elections
- SC upholds Khaleda’s bail in Cumilla arson case
- Teesta inundates 10 Nilphamari villages
- AL confident of victory, fair balloting in Gazipur
- Nahid urges all to work for improving quality of education
- Looting going on in banking sector: Menon
- PM for BD-India sharing of expertise in coastal security
- Ronaldo misses penalty, Portugal draws 1-1 with Iran
Fed-Cup: Brothers shock Sk Jamal 2-1
Augustin Walson’s late score helped Brothers Union move ton the quarterfinals of the 12-team Federation Cup football tournament as Group-C champion, shocking Sheikh Jamal Dhanmondi Club 2-1 in the match at Bangabandhu National Stadium on Wednesday.
Brothers collected all-win 6 points from two matches while Sk Jamal became the group’s runners-up bagging 3 points having one win and one loss.
Brothers will face Group-A runners-up Abahani in the 3rd quarterfinal at the same venue on Sunday (June 20).
The quarterfinals of the league will begin with Arambagh KS taking on Sheikh Jamal DC on Friday (June 18).
Sheikh Russel KC will face Rahmatganj MFS in the 2nd quarterfinal on Saturday while Team BJMC play Muktijoddha Sangsad KC in the remaining one on Monday.
Sk Jamal DC defender Yaasin Khan broke the deadlock of the match in the 71st minute taking a 30-yard right footer shot that fired into the net edging the left-post deceiving Brothers goalie Uttam Barua, 1-0.
Haitian forward Augustin Walson restored the parity for Brothers in the 82nd minute converting a free kick correctly from 25 yards, 1-1.
Walson scored the match winner in the 83rd minute placing the ball into the middle of the net, was a rebounder of goalkeeper Mustak, 2-1.
Bappy Hasan Murad cut a low cross from right flank and goalkeeper Mustak fisted to clear the ball with a forward dive, but that fell onto the feet of Walson who placed the ball home.