- Guard polling centres instead of boycotting election
- Paul Allen: Microsoft co-founder and billionaire dies aged 65
- Asia stocks at 17-month low as China lets yuan slip
- UK announces $22.25m support for Rohingya refugees
- IMF forecasts 7.1pc economic growth for Bangladesh in 2019
- Bangladesh ‘least committed’ to cut rich-poor gap: Oxfam
- Bhashani Univ suspends 5 BCL leaders ‘for misbehaving with teachers’
- NKorea hackers broke into banks, tried to take US$1.1b
- Oil spill threatens Meghna; unheeded for 5 days
- Haiti quake death toll rises to 15, and 300 injured
Fed-Cup: Brothers shock Sk Jamal 2-1
Augustin Walson’s late score helped Brothers Union move ton the quarterfinals of the 12-team Federation Cup football tournament as Group-C champion, shocking Sheikh Jamal Dhanmondi Club 2-1 in the match at Bangabandhu National Stadium on Wednesday.
Brothers collected all-win 6 points from two matches while Sk Jamal became the group’s runners-up bagging 3 points having one win and one loss.
Brothers will face Group-A runners-up Abahani in the 3rd quarterfinal at the same venue on Sunday (June 20).
The quarterfinals of the league will begin with Arambagh KS taking on Sheikh Jamal DC on Friday (June 18).
Sheikh Russel KC will face Rahmatganj MFS in the 2nd quarterfinal on Saturday while Team BJMC play Muktijoddha Sangsad KC in the remaining one on Monday.
Sk Jamal DC defender Yaasin Khan broke the deadlock of the match in the 71st minute taking a 30-yard right footer shot that fired into the net edging the left-post deceiving Brothers goalie Uttam Barua, 1-0.
Haitian forward Augustin Walson restored the parity for Brothers in the 82nd minute converting a free kick correctly from 25 yards, 1-1.
Walson scored the match winner in the 83rd minute placing the ball into the middle of the net, was a rebounder of goalkeeper Mustak, 2-1.
Bappy Hasan Murad cut a low cross from right flank and goalkeeper Mustak fisted to clear the ball with a forward dive, but that fell onto the feet of Walson who placed the ball home.