- Paul Allen: Microsoft co-founder and billionaire dies aged 65
- Asia stocks at 17-month low as China lets yuan slip
- UK announces $22.25m support for Rohingya refugees
- IMF forecasts 7.1pc economic growth for Bangladesh in 2019
- Bangladesh ‘least committed’ to cut rich-poor gap: Oxfam
- Bhashani Univ suspends 5 BCL leaders ‘for misbehaving with teachers’
- NKorea hackers broke into banks, tried to take US$1.1b
- Oil spill threatens Meghna; unheeded for 5 days
- Haiti quake death toll rises to 15, and 300 injured
- PM Sheikh Hasina donates Tk 50 lakh for Prof MahbubÕs treatment
Bima beat Azad 5-1 in Premier Hockey
Sadharan Bima KS defeated Azad Sporting Club by 5-1 goals in the Dhaka Premier Division Hockey League at Maulana Bhasani National Hockey Stadium on Thursday.
Ziaur Rahman, Mamun Mortuja, Shamim Mia, Mohsin Billah and Faisal Hossain struck on goal each for the winners in the 44th, 52nd, 59th, 61st and 69th minutes of the match.
Tahmid Haque scored the consolation goal in the very 3rd minute for Azad SC.
Meanwhile, Sonali Bank SRC registered a 4-3 victory over Ajax SC in the day’s another match of the 12-team league at the same venue.
Rabbi Salehin Roki scored two goals in the 25th and 34th minutes for Sonali Bank while Toseef Ahmed and Ajit Kumar Ghosh added one goal each in the 15th and 20th minutes.
Rahat Sarower scored two goals for Ajax SC in the 19th and 56th minutes while Shahidul Islam struck one in the 68th minute.