- BD needs assistance from IFC in bigger way: Muhith
- Rooppur Nuclear Power Plant: Bangladesh, Russia ink protocol to amend partnership deal
- Ecnec clears Tk 3,825.34 crore project to procure 1.5 lakh EVMs
- PM seeks India’s continued support for Bangladesh’s development
- Bangladeshi scientist leads discovery of novel quantum state of matter
- Rohingya influx puts biodiversity at risk in Cox’s Bazar: UN report
- Myanmar military brutality against Rohingya 'hard to fathom': UN investigator
- Shakib not returning home, wife responds to rumours
- 7, including Bangladeshi, die of suspected alcohol poisoning
- BNP leader Sohel held
Bima beat Azad 5-1 in Premier Hockey
Sadharan Bima KS defeated Azad Sporting Club by 5-1 goals in the Dhaka Premier Division Hockey League at Maulana Bhasani National Hockey Stadium on Thursday.
Ziaur Rahman, Mamun Mortuja, Shamim Mia, Mohsin Billah and Faisal Hossain struck on goal each for the winners in the 44th, 52nd, 59th, 61st and 69th minutes of the match.
Tahmid Haque scored the consolation goal in the very 3rd minute for Azad SC.
Meanwhile, Sonali Bank SRC registered a 4-3 victory over Ajax SC in the day’s another match of the 12-team league at the same venue.
Rabbi Salehin Roki scored two goals in the 25th and 34th minutes for Sonali Bank while Toseef Ahmed and Ajit Kumar Ghosh added one goal each in the 15th and 20th minutes.
Rahat Sarower scored two goals for Ajax SC in the 19th and 56th minutes while Shahidul Islam struck one in the 68th minute.