- Good men should not be quiet spectators
- We will continue to work with refugee-hosting countries to find solutions
- Voting underway for Gazipur City Corporation elections
- SC upholds Khaleda’s bail in Cumilla arson case
- Teesta inundates 10 Nilphamari villages
- AL confident of victory, fair balloting in Gazipur
- Nahid urges all to work for improving quality of education
- Looting going on in banking sector: Menon
- PM for BD-India sharing of expertise in coastal security
- Ronaldo misses penalty, Portugal draws 1-1 with Iran
Bangladesh Premier League Football to begin July 24
The 12-team Bangladesh Premier League (BPL), the country’s most prestigious and professional football meet, will begin on July 24 at MA Aziz Stadium in the port city of Chittagong.
The home and away basis BPL to be held in six venues across the country was earlier scheduled to begin on July 15.
But it was deferred by nine days at a meeting of the BFF Professional Football League Committee held on Thursday with its chairman and BFF Senior Vice President Abdus Salam Murshedy in the chair.
The meeting also decided that two matches will be held every day at MA Aziz Stadium in Chittagong and Sylhet District Stadium, but one match will be held in each day at Muktijoddha Smriti Stadium in Rajshahi, Abdur Rab Sarniabat Stadium in Barisal and Mymensingh/Gopalganj venues.
In all, 24 matches will be held in Dhaka and the rest 108 matches will be held outside Dhaka.
Saif PowerTec purchased the rights of the BPL for the next five years providing Tk 20 crore