- DNCC Panel Mayor Osman Gani passes away
- Grenade found in Natore
- Man killed, 38 RMG workers hurt as bus overturns hitting bike
- PM Sheikh Hasina to leave London for New York to join UNGA Sunday
- BNP joins rally of Dr Kamal-led Jatiya Oikya Prokriya
- Death toll in Iran military parade attack rises to 24: IRNA
- Action against anarchy over grenade attack case verdict: Monirul
- CEC asks politicians not to make comment on EVMs
- HC hearing on Shahidul’s bail plea ‘Sunday’
- PM seeks India’s support for Bangladesh’s development
Over 3 lakh posts vacant in public service: Minister
Public Administration Minister Syed Ashraful Islam on Thursday told Parliament that some 3.28 lakh posts are now vacant in the public service.
According to the latest data collected in December 2015, the number of officials and employees in the ministries and other government agencies is 13.82 lakh, he said.
The minister came with the statistics replying to a tabled starred question from ruling Awami League MP Nurunnabi Chowdhury (Bhola-3).
A total of 13,82,393 officials and employees --- 3,78,354 women and 10,04,039 men-- are in the public service under all ministries, divisions and other government agencies, Ashraful Islam said.
"Now the number of vacant posts is 3,28,311," he said.