- Good men should not be quiet spectators
- We will continue to work with refugee-hosting countries to find solutions
- Voting underway for Gazipur City Corporation elections
- SC upholds Khaleda’s bail in Cumilla arson case
- Teesta inundates 10 Nilphamari villages
- AL confident of victory, fair balloting in Gazipur
- Nahid urges all to work for improving quality of education
- Looting going on in banking sector: Menon
- PM for BD-India sharing of expertise in coastal security
- Ronaldo misses penalty, Portugal draws 1-1 with Iran
Over 3 lakh posts vacant in public service: Minister
Public Administration Minister Syed Ashraful Islam on Thursday told Parliament that some 3.28 lakh posts are now vacant in the public service.
According to the latest data collected in December 2015, the number of officials and employees in the ministries and other government agencies is 13.82 lakh, he said.
The minister came with the statistics replying to a tabled starred question from ruling Awami League MP Nurunnabi Chowdhury (Bhola-3).
A total of 13,82,393 officials and employees --- 3,78,354 women and 10,04,039 men-- are in the public service under all ministries, divisions and other government agencies, Ashraful Islam said.
"Now the number of vacant posts is 3,28,311," he said.