- HC hearing on Shahidul’s bail plea ‘Sunday’
- PM seeks India’s support for Bangladesh’s development
- BD needs assistance from IFC in bigger way: Muhith
- Rooppur Nuclear Power Plant: Bangladesh, Russia ink protocol to amend partnership deal
- Ecnec clears Tk 3,825.34 crore project to procure 1.5 lakh EVMs
- PM seeks India’s continued support for Bangladesh’s development
- Bangladeshi scientist leads discovery of novel quantum state of matter
- Rohingya influx puts biodiversity at risk in Cox’s Bazar: UN report
- Myanmar military brutality against Rohingya 'hard to fathom': UN investigator
- Shakib not returning home, wife responds to rumours
JS passes Sparrso Amendment Bill
Parliament on Thursday passed the Sparrso Amendment Bill 2016 aiming to reconstitute its board through increasing the number of members.
Law Minister Anisul Huq, who is also in-charge of the Defense Ministry in Parliament, moved the bill titled 'Bangladesh Space Research and Remote Sensing Organisation (Amendment) Bill, 2016', which was passed by voice vote.
As per the bill, the board of the organisation will be formed with a full-time chairman and four full-time members instead of the existing three members.
Two members of the board will have to be appointed from chief scientific officers working in the organisation on the basis of seniority and competence.
On April 26, 2016, the bill was placed in Parliament and sent to the respective Parliamentary Standing Committee for further scrutiny.