- Good men should not be quiet spectators
- We will continue to work with refugee-hosting countries to find solutions
- Voting underway for Gazipur City Corporation elections
- SC upholds Khaleda’s bail in Cumilla arson case
- Teesta inundates 10 Nilphamari villages
- AL confident of victory, fair balloting in Gazipur
- Nahid urges all to work for improving quality of education
- Looting going on in banking sector: Menon
- PM for BD-India sharing of expertise in coastal security
- Ronaldo misses penalty, Portugal draws 1-1 with Iran
JS passes Sparrso Amendment Bill
Parliament on Thursday passed the Sparrso Amendment Bill 2016 aiming to reconstitute its board through increasing the number of members.
Law Minister Anisul Huq, who is also in-charge of the Defense Ministry in Parliament, moved the bill titled 'Bangladesh Space Research and Remote Sensing Organisation (Amendment) Bill, 2016', which was passed by voice vote.
As per the bill, the board of the organisation will be formed with a full-time chairman and four full-time members instead of the existing three members.
Two members of the board will have to be appointed from chief scientific officers working in the organisation on the basis of seniority and competence.
On April 26, 2016, the bill was placed in Parliament and sent to the respective Parliamentary Standing Committee for further scrutiny.