- Guard polling centres instead of boycotting election
- Paul Allen: Microsoft co-founder and billionaire dies aged 65
- Asia stocks at 17-month low as China lets yuan slip
- UK announces $22.25m support for Rohingya refugees
- IMF forecasts 7.1pc economic growth for Bangladesh in 2019
- Bangladesh ‘least committed’ to cut rich-poor gap: Oxfam
- Bhashani Univ suspends 5 BCL leaders ‘for misbehaving with teachers’
- NKorea hackers broke into banks, tried to take US$1.1b
- Oil spill threatens Meghna; unheeded for 5 days
- Haiti quake death toll rises to 15, and 300 injured
College admission seekers merit list published
The merit list of those selected for admission to different government and private colleges was published on Thursday.
Education Minister Nurul Islam Nahid made the disclosure at a press briefing at the Secretariat this noon.
The admission seekers may have their results from website www.xiclassadmission.gov.bd or via SMS through Teletalk cellphones.
Some 14,55,365 students passed the SSC examination this year while 13,01055 of them have applied for admission to HSC against some 21,14,256 seats available in colleges, Nahid said.
However, no student has applied for admission to 48 colleges this year.
The selected students will have to complete their admission process by June 18 to 22, the minister added.
The results of the SSC and its equivalent examinations were published on May 11 while the application process for class XI admission started on May 26 and continued till June 10.