- BD needs assistance from IFC in bigger way: Muhith
- Rooppur Nuclear Power Plant: Bangladesh, Russia ink protocol to amend partnership deal
- Ecnec clears Tk 3,825.34 crore project to procure 1.5 lakh EVMs
- PM seeks India’s continued support for Bangladesh’s development
- Bangladeshi scientist leads discovery of novel quantum state of matter
- Rohingya influx puts biodiversity at risk in Cox’s Bazar: UN report
- Myanmar military brutality against Rohingya 'hard to fathom': UN investigator
- Shakib not returning home, wife responds to rumours
- 7, including Bangladeshi, die of suspected alcohol poisoning
- BNP leader Sohel held
College admission seekers merit list published
The merit list of those selected for admission to different government and private colleges was published on Thursday.
Education Minister Nurul Islam Nahid made the disclosure at a press briefing at the Secretariat this noon.
The admission seekers may have their results from website www.xiclassadmission.gov.bd or via SMS through Teletalk cellphones.
Some 14,55,365 students passed the SSC examination this year while 13,01055 of them have applied for admission to HSC against some 21,14,256 seats available in colleges, Nahid said.
However, no student has applied for admission to 48 colleges this year.
The selected students will have to complete their admission process by June 18 to 22, the minister added.
The results of the SSC and its equivalent examinations were published on May 11 while the application process for class XI admission started on May 26 and continued till June 10.