- Good men should not be quiet spectators
- We will continue to work with refugee-hosting countries to find solutions
- Voting underway for Gazipur City Corporation elections
- SC upholds Khaleda’s bail in Cumilla arson case
- Teesta inundates 10 Nilphamari villages
- AL confident of victory, fair balloting in Gazipur
- Nahid urges all to work for improving quality of education
- Looting going on in banking sector: Menon
- PM for BD-India sharing of expertise in coastal security
- Ronaldo misses penalty, Portugal draws 1-1 with Iran
Ramakrishna Mission priest gets death threat
A priest of Ramakrishna Mission received death threat in a letter came from militants.
Mridul Maharaj, a priest of Ramakrishna Mission, lodged a general diary in this connection with Wari Police Station on Wednesday night, said Zihadul Islam, officer-in-charge of Wari Police Station.
The letter reads, “Bangladesh is an Islamic State. No one will be allowed to preach Hindu religion. You just go to India, otherwise, you’ll be killed”.
The letter was posted from Gazipur in the name of Islamic State Bangladesh mentioning the sender’s name as AB Siddique on top of the letter, said the OC.
However, security has been beefed up at the Ramakrishna Mission following the death threat.