- HC hearing on Shahidul’s bail plea ‘Sunday’
- PM seeks India’s support for Bangladesh’s development
- BD needs assistance from IFC in bigger way: Muhith
- Rooppur Nuclear Power Plant: Bangladesh, Russia ink protocol to amend partnership deal
- Ecnec clears Tk 3,825.34 crore project to procure 1.5 lakh EVMs
- PM seeks India’s continued support for Bangladesh’s development
- Bangladeshi scientist leads discovery of novel quantum state of matter
- Rohingya influx puts biodiversity at risk in Cox’s Bazar: UN report
- Myanmar military brutality against Rohingya 'hard to fathom': UN investigator
- Shakib not returning home, wife responds to rumours
Bernicat leads BD business team to USA Investment Summit
A delegation of prominent Bangladeshi businesspeople will attend a three-day “SelectUSA Investment Summit-2016” that begins in Washington on Sunday to learn about business opportunities in the United States.
The delegation will learn from some of the “best minds” in business and government about the opportunities that exist for their companies, said US Ambassador Marcia Bernicat in a video message who left for Washington on Thursday night along with the delegation.
The business delegation will engage in matchmaking with different economic and development professionals, companies and business people around the United States, she said.
“I am pleased to personally lead a delegation of prominent Bangladeshi businesspeople to the 2016 SelectUSA Investment Summit in Washington,” Bernicat said.
She said they are delighted to reciprocate the warm hospitality that Bangladesh has extended to the US companies in Bangladesh.
Bernicat said the US government is helping Bangladeshi companies access the United States market and the opportunities that lie throughout the USA.
However, it could not be known who are in the business delegation.
US President Barack Obama, who hosts the Investment Summit, will deliver the keynote address on June 20 (Monday).
This year’s Summit theme is “The Innovation Advantage” and will showcase investment opportunities from every corner of the United States for global investors.
The Summit is the highest-profile event that promotes foreign direct investment (FDI) in the United States.
It provides an unparalleled opportunity to bring together companies from all over the world, economic development organisations from every corner of the nation, others working to facilitate investment in the United States, and high-level government officials.
Participants can find the practical tools, information and connections they need to move investments forward.
The Summit will begin with an optional add-on Summit Academy that addresses the basics of investing in the United States and attracting foreign direct investment (FDI).