- Good men should not be quiet spectators
- We will continue to work with refugee-hosting countries to find solutions
- Voting underway for Gazipur City Corporation elections
- SC upholds Khaleda’s bail in Cumilla arson case
- Teesta inundates 10 Nilphamari villages
- AL confident of victory, fair balloting in Gazipur
- Nahid urges all to work for improving quality of education
- Looting going on in banking sector: Menon
- PM for BD-India sharing of expertise in coastal security
- Ronaldo misses penalty, Portugal draws 1-1 with Iran
RMG workers want wages, Eid bonus by 20th Ramadan
Ready-made garment (RMG) workers on Friday demanded that their wages, arrears and Eid bonus be paid by the 20th of Ramadan.
The demand was raised from a rally held in front of the Jatiya Press Club organised by Bangladesh Garments Sramik Odhikar Andolon, a platform of 12 workers’ unions in the RMG sector, according to a press release.
Addressing the rally, the union leaders noted that many of the RMG factory owners have been trying to evade paying even the wages of June, let alone the arrears and the Eid bonus.
Workers of those factories are concerned over getting their dues ahead of Eid and the owners must ensure the payment by the 20th of Ramadan at any cost, they said.
If any unstable situation arises over the on-payment of the salaries, the owners will be held responsible for that, they added.
President of Bangladesh Garments-Textile Federation Advocate Mahbubur Rahman Ismail, president of Bangladesh Garments Sramik Sanghati Taslima Akter Lima, president of Samannita Garments Sramik Federation Rafiqul Islam Pothik, among others, spoke on the occasion.