- Paul Allen: Microsoft co-founder and billionaire dies aged 65
- Asia stocks at 17-month low as China lets yuan slip
- UK announces $22.25m support for Rohingya refugees
- IMF forecasts 7.1pc economic growth for Bangladesh in 2019
- Bangladesh ‘least committed’ to cut rich-poor gap: Oxfam
- Bhashani Univ suspends 5 BCL leaders ‘for misbehaving with teachers’
- NKorea hackers broke into banks, tried to take US$1.1b
- Oil spill threatens Meghna; unheeded for 5 days
- Haiti quake death toll rises to 15, and 300 injured
- PM Sheikh Hasina donates Tk 50 lakh for Prof MahbubÕs treatment
Premier Hockey: Mohammedan beat Wanderers 5-1
Mohammedan Sporting Club finished the first round of the 12-team Dhaka Premier Division Hockey League with a 5-1 victory against Dhaka Wanderers Club at Maulana Bhasani National Hockey Stadium on Friday.
With the day’s result, Mohammedan collected 26 points from 11 encounters having eight victories, two draws and one loss.
Usha Krira Chakra is leading the points table with 28 while Abahani and Dhaka Meriner Youngs Club in the race for the top slot collecting 26 and 25 points respectively, playing 10 matches each.
In the day’s match, Rusell Mahmud Jimi struck three field goals for Mohammedan in the 12th, 25th and 60th minutes. Imran Hasan Pintu scored a penalty corner goal in the 49th minute while Salman Hossain added one field goal in the 57th.
Bishal reduced the margin for Wanderers scoring a consolation goal in the 62nd minute.
Bottom-run Wari Club and Bangladesh SC played out a 2-2 draw in another league match at the same venue also on Friday.
Zahid and Krishna scored one goal each for Wari in the 21st and 60th minutes.
Prince and Siras Ali netted one goal each for Bangladesh SC in the 27th and 61st minutes.