- Paul Allen: Microsoft co-founder and billionaire dies aged 65
- Asia stocks at 17-month low as China lets yuan slip
- UK announces $22.25m support for Rohingya refugees
- IMF forecasts 7.1pc economic growth for Bangladesh in 2019
- Bangladesh ‘least committed’ to cut rich-poor gap: Oxfam
- Bhashani Univ suspends 5 BCL leaders ‘for misbehaving with teachers’
- NKorea hackers broke into banks, tried to take US$1.1b
- Oil spill threatens Meghna; unheeded for 5 days
- Haiti quake death toll rises to 15, and 300 injured
- PM Sheikh Hasina donates Tk 50 lakh for Prof MahbubÕs treatment
2 BCL leaders held with knife in Barisal
Police on Thursday night arrested two local leaders of Bangladesh Chhatra League along with a knife at Fakir Bari in the city.
The arrestees were identified as Shaba Bin Majid and Abdullah-Al-Mamun, leaders of Barisal Sher-e-Bangla Medical College unit of BCL.
Officer-in-charge of Kotwali Police Station Shah M Awlad said several police check posts were set up at different points of the city as part of maintaining the law and order situation.
On Thursday night, police intercepted Majid and Mamun at Fakir Bari check post while they were crossing it astride a motorcycle.
Later, police recovered a large knife, a hammer and several empty bottles of beverage from them.
They were sent to jail through a court on Friday morning.