- Paul Allen: Microsoft co-founder and billionaire dies aged 65
- Asia stocks at 17-month low as China lets yuan slip
- UK announces $22.25m support for Rohingya refugees
- IMF forecasts 7.1pc economic growth for Bangladesh in 2019
- Bangladesh ‘least committed’ to cut rich-poor gap: Oxfam
- Bhashani Univ suspends 5 BCL leaders ‘for misbehaving with teachers’
- NKorea hackers broke into banks, tried to take US$1.1b
- Oil spill threatens Meghna; unheeded for 5 days
- Haiti quake death toll rises to 15, and 300 injured
- PM Sheikh Hasina donates Tk 50 lakh for Prof MahbubÕs treatment
3 Bangladeshis killed in Libya gas cylinder blast
Three Bangladesh nationals were killed and two others injured critically in a gas cylinder explosion in Zawiya city in Libya on Thursday, said an official at Bangladesh Mission there on Saturday.
Counsellor (labour) of Bangladesh Embassy in Libya Ashraful Islam told UNB that they are waiting for the permission to repatriate the dead bodies.
The victims were identified as Hanif, Belal and Mostafa, he said adding that Mostafa hailed from Pirojpur while Hanif and Belal from Barguna.
The two injured were indentified as Dulal and Chunnu, hailed from Pirojpur and Barguna respectively.