- Guard polling centres instead of boycotting election
- Paul Allen: Microsoft co-founder and billionaire dies aged 65
- Asia stocks at 17-month low as China lets yuan slip
- UK announces $22.25m support for Rohingya refugees
- IMF forecasts 7.1pc economic growth for Bangladesh in 2019
- Bangladesh ‘least committed’ to cut rich-poor gap: Oxfam
- Bhashani Univ suspends 5 BCL leaders ‘for misbehaving with teachers’
- NKorea hackers broke into banks, tried to take US$1.1b
- Oil spill threatens Meghna; unheeded for 5 days
- Haiti quake death toll rises to 15, and 300 injured
IG Prisons receives death threat
Inspector General of Prisons Brig Gen Syed Iftekhar Uddin received a death threat on Saturday.
The threat was given through SMS over his mobile phone in the afternoon.
The SMS sender identifying him as a journalist mentioned in the message that the followers of top terror Killer Abbas would seed the end of the IG Prisons.
The threat was given apparently for shifting three top terrorists, including Killer Abbas, from Kashimpur Central Jail to other jails.
On Friday, top terrorists Killer Abbas, Khorshedul Alam Rasu and Pichchi Helal were transferred to Jessore, Comilla and Rajshahi jails respectively following an order by the Home Minister.