- DNCC Panel Mayor Osman Gani passes away
- Grenade found in Natore
- Man killed, 38 RMG workers hurt as bus overturns hitting bike
- PM Sheikh Hasina to leave London for New York to join UNGA Sunday
- BNP joins rally of Dr Kamal-led Jatiya Oikya Prokriya
- Death toll in Iran military parade attack rises to 24: IRNA
- Action against anarchy over grenade attack case verdict: Monirul
- CEC asks politicians not to make comment on EVMs
- HC hearing on Shahidul’s bail plea ‘Sunday’
- PM seeks India’s support for Bangladesh’s development
IG Prisons receives death threat
Inspector General of Prisons Brig Gen Syed Iftekhar Uddin received a death threat on Saturday.
The threat was given through SMS over his mobile phone in the afternoon.
The SMS sender identifying him as a journalist mentioned in the message that the followers of top terror Killer Abbas would seed the end of the IG Prisons.
The threat was given apparently for shifting three top terrorists, including Killer Abbas, from Kashimpur Central Jail to other jails.
On Friday, top terrorists Killer Abbas, Khorshedul Alam Rasu and Pichchi Helal were transferred to Jessore, Comilla and Rajshahi jails respectively following an order by the Home Minister.