- Good men should not be quiet spectators
- We will continue to work with refugee-hosting countries to find solutions
- Voting underway for Gazipur City Corporation elections
- SC upholds Khaleda’s bail in Cumilla arson case
- Teesta inundates 10 Nilphamari villages
- AL confident of victory, fair balloting in Gazipur
- Nahid urges all to work for improving quality of education
- Looting going on in banking sector: Menon
- PM for BD-India sharing of expertise in coastal security
- Ronaldo misses penalty, Portugal draws 1-1 with Iran
Another terminal at Sadarghat soon: Shajahan
A new launch terminal will be set up at Sadarghat Launch Ghat soon to ensure safe journey of home-bound people during upcoming Eid-ul-Fitr, said Shipping Minister Shajahan Khan on Sunday.
“The terminal will be introduced on the western part of the capital’s Sadarghat Launch Ghat before upcoming Eid to ease the journey of launch passengers,” he said at a meeting at BIWTA Bhaban in the city.
Bangladesh Inland Water Transport Authority (BIWTA) arranged the meeting to discuss measures for safe launch journey during the Eid-ul-Fitr.
Shajahan Khan said three new platoons have already been set up at Sadarghat Launch Terminal and ticket counters is opened so that passengers do not face any trouble in collecting their launch tickets.
He said no vessel will be allowed to carry additional passengers during Eid and launches must leave their station before crossing load level.
Warning that action will be taken against the launch owners if they are found taking additional fares from passengers during Eid-ul-Fitr, the Shipping Minister said his ministry will form necessary vigilance teams and will conduct mobile court drives to check fare hikes and overloading.