- DNCC Panel Mayor Osman Gani passes away
- Grenade found in Natore
- Man killed, 38 RMG workers hurt as bus overturns hitting bike
- PM Sheikh Hasina to leave London for New York to join UNGA Sunday
- BNP joins rally of Dr Kamal-led Jatiya Oikya Prokriya
- Death toll in Iran military parade attack rises to 24: IRNA
- Action against anarchy over grenade attack case verdict: Monirul
- CEC asks politicians not to make comment on EVMs
- HC hearing on Shahidul’s bail plea ‘Sunday’
- PM seeks India’s support for Bangladesh’s development
Another terminal at Sadarghat soon: Shajahan
A new launch terminal will be set up at Sadarghat Launch Ghat soon to ensure safe journey of home-bound people during upcoming Eid-ul-Fitr, said Shipping Minister Shajahan Khan on Sunday.
“The terminal will be introduced on the western part of the capital’s Sadarghat Launch Ghat before upcoming Eid to ease the journey of launch passengers,” he said at a meeting at BIWTA Bhaban in the city.
Bangladesh Inland Water Transport Authority (BIWTA) arranged the meeting to discuss measures for safe launch journey during the Eid-ul-Fitr.
Shajahan Khan said three new platoons have already been set up at Sadarghat Launch Terminal and ticket counters is opened so that passengers do not face any trouble in collecting their launch tickets.
He said no vessel will be allowed to carry additional passengers during Eid and launches must leave their station before crossing load level.
Warning that action will be taken against the launch owners if they are found taking additional fares from passengers during Eid-ul-Fitr, the Shipping Minister said his ministry will form necessary vigilance teams and will conduct mobile court drives to check fare hikes and overloading.