- DNCC Panel Mayor Osman Gani passes away
- Grenade found in Natore
- Man killed, 38 RMG workers hurt as bus overturns hitting bike
- PM Sheikh Hasina to leave London for New York to join UNGA Sunday
- BNP joins rally of Dr Kamal-led Jatiya Oikya Prokriya
- Death toll in Iran military parade attack rises to 24: IRNA
- Action against anarchy over grenade attack case verdict: Monirul
- CEC asks politicians not to make comment on EVMs
- HC hearing on Shahidul’s bail plea ‘Sunday’
- PM seeks India’s support for Bangladesh’s development
Ex-UP member hurt in Sirajganj gun attack
A former union parishad member was left fighting for his life after a gun attack on him by miscreants at Alokdiar village in Kamarkhand upazila on Sunday night.
The victim was identified as Mahbubul Alam Milton, 42, a former member of Alatali union in the upazila. He also served as acting chairman of the union.
Officer-in-charge of Kamarkhand Police Station Babul Sarker said a group of miscreants flagged down Milton at the village around 9:30pm and opened fire at him while he was on his way back home from Jamtail Bazar in the upazila headquarters.
With bullets wounds to the left ear and right leg, he was first taken to Sadar Hospital where doctors gave him first aid and referred him to Dhaka for better treatment, the OC said.