- Good men should not be quiet spectators
- We will continue to work with refugee-hosting countries to find solutions
- Voting underway for Gazipur City Corporation elections
- SC upholds Khaleda’s bail in Cumilla arson case
- Teesta inundates 10 Nilphamari villages
- AL confident of victory, fair balloting in Gazipur
- Nahid urges all to work for improving quality of education
- Looting going on in banking sector: Menon
- PM for BD-India sharing of expertise in coastal security
- Ronaldo misses penalty, Portugal draws 1-1 with Iran
Ex-UP member hurt in Sirajganj gun attack
A former union parishad member was left fighting for his life after a gun attack on him by miscreants at Alokdiar village in Kamarkhand upazila on Sunday night.
The victim was identified as Mahbubul Alam Milton, 42, a former member of Alatali union in the upazila. He also served as acting chairman of the union.
Officer-in-charge of Kamarkhand Police Station Babul Sarker said a group of miscreants flagged down Milton at the village around 9:30pm and opened fire at him while he was on his way back home from Jamtail Bazar in the upazila headquarters.
With bullets wounds to the left ear and right leg, he was first taken to Sadar Hospital where doctors gave him first aid and referred him to Dhaka for better treatment, the OC said.