- Paul Allen: Microsoft co-founder and billionaire dies aged 65
- Asia stocks at 17-month low as China lets yuan slip
- UK announces $22.25m support for Rohingya refugees
- IMF forecasts 7.1pc economic growth for Bangladesh in 2019
- Bangladesh ‘least committed’ to cut rich-poor gap: Oxfam
- Bhashani Univ suspends 5 BCL leaders ‘for misbehaving with teachers’
- NKorea hackers broke into banks, tried to take US$1.1b
- Oil spill threatens Meghna; unheeded for 5 days
- Haiti quake death toll rises to 15, and 300 injured
- PM Sheikh Hasina donates Tk 50 lakh for Prof MahbubÕs treatment
Ex-UP member hurt in Sirajganj gun attack
A former union parishad member was left fighting for his life after a gun attack on him by miscreants at Alokdiar village in Kamarkhand upazila on Sunday night.
The victim was identified as Mahbubul Alam Milton, 42, a former member of Alatali union in the upazila. He also served as acting chairman of the union.
Officer-in-charge of Kamarkhand Police Station Babul Sarker said a group of miscreants flagged down Milton at the village around 9:30pm and opened fire at him while he was on his way back home from Jamtail Bazar in the upazila headquarters.
With bullets wounds to the left ear and right leg, he was first taken to Sadar Hospital where doctors gave him first aid and referred him to Dhaka for better treatment, the OC said.