- DNCC Panel Mayor Osman Gani passes away
- Grenade found in Natore
- Man killed, 38 RMG workers hurt as bus overturns hitting bike
- PM Sheikh Hasina to leave London for New York to join UNGA Sunday
- BNP joins rally of Dr Kamal-led Jatiya Oikya Prokriya
- Death toll in Iran military parade attack rises to 24: IRNA
- Action against anarchy over grenade attack case verdict: Monirul
- CEC asks politicians not to make comment on EVMs
- HC hearing on Shahidul’s bail plea ‘Sunday’
- PM seeks India’s support for Bangladesh’s development
BCL factions clash at Ctg College for 2nd day
Two students suffered injuries, including one with a bullet, as two groups of Bangladesh Chhatra League (BCL) clashed at Chittagong College for the second day on Sunday.
Witnesses said a BCL group loyal to Chittagong city unit Awami League General Secretary and Chittagong City Corporation Mayor AJM Nasir Uddin entered the college campus at noon to welcome Class-XI admission seekers.
The clash ensued when another BCL group, supported by Chittagong city AL President ABM Mohiuddin Chowdhury, chased the other faction.
A chase and counter-chase took place between them during the clash. Several gunshots were also fired at that time, witnesses said.
The two factions also locked into a clash on Saturday over welcoming the newcomers.
Assistant Commissioner (Kotwali Zone) of Chittagong Metropolitan Police Qazi Mohammad Abdur Rahim said the two BCL factions engaged in the clash on the college campus around 1:30pm over establishing their supremacy which left two students injured.
Nijhum Farial, 22, a student of Port City University, received bullet wounds in the clash. He was admitted to Chittagong Medical College Hospital (CMCH), said sub-inspector of CMCH police camp Pankaj Barua.
Additional police were deployed on the campus to avoid further trouble.