- DNCC Panel Mayor Osman Gani passes away
- Grenade found in Natore
- Man killed, 38 RMG workers hurt as bus overturns hitting bike
- PM Sheikh Hasina to leave London for New York to join UNGA Sunday
- BNP joins rally of Dr Kamal-led Jatiya Oikya Prokriya
- Death toll in Iran military parade attack rises to 24: IRNA
- Action against anarchy over grenade attack case verdict: Monirul
- CEC asks politicians not to make comment on EVMs
- HC hearing on Shahidul’s bail plea ‘Sunday’
- PM seeks India’s support for Bangladesh’s development
2 Bangladeshis shot dead by BSF along C’nawabganj border
Two Bangladeshi nationals were killed by the members of Indian Border Security Force (BSF) as they opened fire on them along Charaldanga bordering area in Gomostapur upazila on Monday.
The deceased were identified as Jabdul Haq Bhadu, 32, son of Daud Ali of Radhanagar village and Shahjahan Ali Bhuttu, 33, son of Hukmat Ali of Debpur village in the upazila.
Local people said the BSF members of Anuradhapur camp opened fire on some Bangladeshi nationals when they went to the bordering area for bringing cattle from the neighbouring country around 2 am, leaving Bhadu and Shahjahan dead on the spot.
Lieutenant Colonel Zahid Hasan, Commanding officer of BGB-43 Battalion said a battalion commander level flag meeting between BGB and Indian Border Security Force (BSF) will be held in the afternoon over the incident.