- Good men should not be quiet spectators
- We will continue to work with refugee-hosting countries to find solutions
- Voting underway for Gazipur City Corporation elections
- SC upholds Khaleda’s bail in Cumilla arson case
- Teesta inundates 10 Nilphamari villages
- AL confident of victory, fair balloting in Gazipur
- Nahid urges all to work for improving quality of education
- Looting going on in banking sector: Menon
- PM for BD-India sharing of expertise in coastal security
- Ronaldo misses penalty, Portugal draws 1-1 with Iran
2 Bangladeshis shot dead by BSF along C’nawabganj border
Two Bangladeshi nationals were killed by the members of Indian Border Security Force (BSF) as they opened fire on them along Charaldanga bordering area in Gomostapur upazila on Monday.
The deceased were identified as Jabdul Haq Bhadu, 32, son of Daud Ali of Radhanagar village and Shahjahan Ali Bhuttu, 33, son of Hukmat Ali of Debpur village in the upazila.
Local people said the BSF members of Anuradhapur camp opened fire on some Bangladeshi nationals when they went to the bordering area for bringing cattle from the neighbouring country around 2 am, leaving Bhadu and Shahjahan dead on the spot.
Lieutenant Colonel Zahid Hasan, Commanding officer of BGB-43 Battalion said a battalion commander level flag meeting between BGB and Indian Border Security Force (BSF) will be held in the afternoon over the incident.