- DNCC Panel Mayor Osman Gani passes away
- Grenade found in Natore
- Man killed, 38 RMG workers hurt as bus overturns hitting bike
- PM Sheikh Hasina to leave London for New York to join UNGA Sunday
- BNP joins rally of Dr Kamal-led Jatiya Oikya Prokriya
- Death toll in Iran military parade attack rises to 24: IRNA
- Action against anarchy over grenade attack case verdict: Monirul
- CEC asks politicians not to make comment on EVMs
- HC hearing on Shahidul’s bail plea ‘Sunday’
- PM seeks India’s support for Bangladesh’s development
ASI killed in Gazipur road crash
An assistant sub-inspector (ASI) of police was killed as a truck hit his motorbike at Sutrapur Boardghor on Dhaka-Tangail highway in Kalikoir upazila on Sunday night.
The deceased was identified as Taiyubur Rahman, an assistant sub-inspector of Sylhet Kotwali Police Station and son of late Abdul Ahad Miah of Datpara village in Mirzapur upazila of Tangail district.
Sub-inspector of Mirzapur Gorai Highway Police camp Abdul Motalib said a speeding truck hit a motorcycle carrying Taiyubur from opposite direction in the area at about 8:30pm, leaving him critically injured.
Taiyubur was rushed to Mirzapur Kumudini Hospital where doctors declared him dead.