- Paul Allen: Microsoft co-founder and billionaire dies aged 65
- Asia stocks at 17-month low as China lets yuan slip
- UK announces $22.25m support for Rohingya refugees
- IMF forecasts 7.1pc economic growth for Bangladesh in 2019
- Bangladesh ‘least committed’ to cut rich-poor gap: Oxfam
- Bhashani Univ suspends 5 BCL leaders ‘for misbehaving with teachers’
- NKorea hackers broke into banks, tried to take US$1.1b
- Oil spill threatens Meghna; unheeded for 5 days
- Haiti quake death toll rises to 15, and 300 injured
- PM Sheikh Hasina donates Tk 50 lakh for Prof MahbubÕs treatment
ASI killed in Gazipur road crash
An assistant sub-inspector (ASI) of police was killed as a truck hit his motorbike at Sutrapur Boardghor on Dhaka-Tangail highway in Kalikoir upazila on Sunday night.
The deceased was identified as Taiyubur Rahman, an assistant sub-inspector of Sylhet Kotwali Police Station and son of late Abdul Ahad Miah of Datpara village in Mirzapur upazila of Tangail district.
Sub-inspector of Mirzapur Gorai Highway Police camp Abdul Motalib said a speeding truck hit a motorcycle carrying Taiyubur from opposite direction in the area at about 8:30pm, leaving him critically injured.
Taiyubur was rushed to Mirzapur Kumudini Hospital where doctors declared him dead.