- Good men should not be quiet spectators
- We will continue to work with refugee-hosting countries to find solutions
- Voting underway for Gazipur City Corporation elections
- SC upholds Khaleda’s bail in Cumilla arson case
- Teesta inundates 10 Nilphamari villages
- AL confident of victory, fair balloting in Gazipur
- Nahid urges all to work for improving quality of education
- Looting going on in banking sector: Menon
- PM for BD-India sharing of expertise in coastal security
- Ronaldo misses penalty, Portugal draws 1-1 with Iran
ASI killed in Gazipur road crash
An assistant sub-inspector (ASI) of police was killed as a truck hit his motorbike at Sutrapur Boardghor on Dhaka-Tangail highway in Kalikoir upazila on Sunday night.
The deceased was identified as Taiyubur Rahman, an assistant sub-inspector of Sylhet Kotwali Police Station and son of late Abdul Ahad Miah of Datpara village in Mirzapur upazila of Tangail district.
Sub-inspector of Mirzapur Gorai Highway Police camp Abdul Motalib said a speeding truck hit a motorcycle carrying Taiyubur from opposite direction in the area at about 8:30pm, leaving him critically injured.
Taiyubur was rushed to Mirzapur Kumudini Hospital where doctors declared him dead.