- Good men should not be quiet spectators
- We will continue to work with refugee-hosting countries to find solutions
- Voting underway for Gazipur City Corporation elections
- SC upholds Khaleda’s bail in Cumilla arson case
- Teesta inundates 10 Nilphamari villages
- AL confident of victory, fair balloting in Gazipur
- Nahid urges all to work for improving quality of education
- Looting going on in banking sector: Menon
- PM for BD-India sharing of expertise in coastal security
- Ronaldo misses penalty, Portugal draws 1-1 with Iran
Export earnings till May top USD 30 billion : Minister
Bangladesh earned $ 30.66 billion as of May of the current fiscal year through export, said Commerce Minister Tofail Ahmed in Parliament on Monday.
Responding to a tabled question from Nizam Uddin Hazari (Feni-2), Tofail said this earning was 8.95 percent higher than that of the corresponding period last fiscal year (2014-15) when Bangladesh fetched $ 31.20 billion from export earnings.
In response to another question from Sukumar Ranjan Ghosh (Munshiganj-1), the minister said Bangladesh is now enjoying duty- and quota-free export to 28 countries of the European Union, Australia, New Zealand, Norway, Switzerland, Japan, Turkey, Canada, Russia, Belarus, South Korea, China, India, Saarc member countries, Thailand and Malaysia.
Replying to a question from Didarul Alam (Chittagong-4), Tofail said the steps to fulfill the criteria for attaining duty- and quota-free facility from the USA are on. "Bangladesh hopes that the steps that have been taken by the government will reflect appropriately and logically on future US decisions."