- Good men should not be quiet spectators
- We will continue to work with refugee-hosting countries to find solutions
- Voting underway for Gazipur City Corporation elections
- SC upholds Khaleda’s bail in Cumilla arson case
- Teesta inundates 10 Nilphamari villages
- AL confident of victory, fair balloting in Gazipur
- Nahid urges all to work for improving quality of education
- Looting going on in banking sector: Menon
- PM for BD-India sharing of expertise in coastal security
- Ronaldo misses penalty, Portugal draws 1-1 with Iran
790 RMG factories shut down following inspections: Minister
Commerce Minister Tofail Ahmed on Monday said some 790 RMG factories, including 39 export-oriented ones, have been shut down following inspections under the supervision of Jayiya Udyog, Accord and Alliance.
The minister said this while responding to a tabled starred question from AKM Maidul Islam (Kurigram-3) in Parliament.
Tofail said these three organisations have completed their inspections of export-oriented 3,746 RMG factories about their fire, power and factory building preliminary security issues.
During their inspection, he said, 39 factories have been shut down completely while 42 partially.
Tofail said currently there are 5190 RMG factories in the country and of them 4834 are export-oriented ones.