- DNCC Panel Mayor Osman Gani passes away
- Grenade found in Natore
- Man killed, 38 RMG workers hurt as bus overturns hitting bike
- PM Sheikh Hasina to leave London for New York to join UNGA Sunday
- BNP joins rally of Dr Kamal-led Jatiya Oikya Prokriya
- Death toll in Iran military parade attack rises to 24: IRNA
- Action against anarchy over grenade attack case verdict: Monirul
- CEC asks politicians not to make comment on EVMs
- HC hearing on Shahidul’s bail plea ‘Sunday’
- PM seeks India’s support for Bangladesh’s development
790 RMG factories shut down following inspections: Minister
Commerce Minister Tofail Ahmed on Monday said some 790 RMG factories, including 39 export-oriented ones, have been shut down following inspections under the supervision of Jayiya Udyog, Accord and Alliance.
The minister said this while responding to a tabled starred question from AKM Maidul Islam (Kurigram-3) in Parliament.
Tofail said these three organisations have completed their inspections of export-oriented 3,746 RMG factories about their fire, power and factory building preliminary security issues.
During their inspection, he said, 39 factories have been shut down completely while 42 partially.
Tofail said currently there are 5190 RMG factories in the country and of them 4834 are export-oriented ones.