- BD needs assistance from IFC in bigger way: Muhith
- Rooppur Nuclear Power Plant: Bangladesh, Russia ink protocol to amend partnership deal
- Ecnec clears Tk 3,825.34 crore project to procure 1.5 lakh EVMs
- PM seeks India’s continued support for Bangladesh’s development
- Bangladeshi scientist leads discovery of novel quantum state of matter
- Rohingya influx puts biodiversity at risk in Cox’s Bazar: UN report
- Myanmar military brutality against Rohingya 'hard to fathom': UN investigator
- Shakib not returning home, wife responds to rumours
- 7, including Bangladeshi, die of suspected alcohol poisoning
- BNP leader Sohel held
3 killed in Noakhali road crash
Noakhali, June 17 (UNB) – At least three people were killed while another injured in a head-on a collision between a bus and a CNG-run auto-rickshaw on Laksam-Sonaimuri road at Rampur in Sonaimuri upazila on Sunday morning.
The deceased were identified as CNG driver Rakib, 25, son of Ruhul Amin, Mizan, 31, and his brother Belal, 39, son of Bachchu Mia of Kathalia village in the upazila.
Quoting locals, Abdullah-Al Masum, additional superintendent of police in Sonaimuri-Chatkhali Circle, said the accident took place when a Noakhali-bound bus collided head-on with a CNG-run auto-rickshaw around 10 am, leaving the trio dead on the spot and one injured.
On information, police recovered the bodies and took injured Abul, 29, to Noakhali General Hospital, the official added.