- Guard polling centres instead of boycotting election
- Paul Allen: Microsoft co-founder and billionaire dies aged 65
- Asia stocks at 17-month low as China lets yuan slip
- UK announces $22.25m support for Rohingya refugees
- IMF forecasts 7.1pc economic growth for Bangladesh in 2019
- Bangladesh ‘least committed’ to cut rich-poor gap: Oxfam
- Bhashani Univ suspends 5 BCL leaders ‘for misbehaving with teachers’
- NKorea hackers broke into banks, tried to take US$1.1b
- Oil spill threatens Meghna; unheeded for 5 days
- Haiti quake death toll rises to 15, and 300 injured
3 killed in Noakhali road crash
Noakhali, June 17 (UNB) – At least three people were killed while another injured in a head-on a collision between a bus and a CNG-run auto-rickshaw on Laksam-Sonaimuri road at Rampur in Sonaimuri upazila on Sunday morning.
The deceased were identified as CNG driver Rakib, 25, son of Ruhul Amin, Mizan, 31, and his brother Belal, 39, son of Bachchu Mia of Kathalia village in the upazila.
Quoting locals, Abdullah-Al Masum, additional superintendent of police in Sonaimuri-Chatkhali Circle, said the accident took place when a Noakhali-bound bus collided head-on with a CNG-run auto-rickshaw around 10 am, leaving the trio dead on the spot and one injured.
On information, police recovered the bodies and took injured Abul, 29, to Noakhali General Hospital, the official added.