- Guard polling centres instead of boycotting election
- Paul Allen: Microsoft co-founder and billionaire dies aged 65
- Asia stocks at 17-month low as China lets yuan slip
- UK announces $22.25m support for Rohingya refugees
- IMF forecasts 7.1pc economic growth for Bangladesh in 2019
- Bangladesh ‘least committed’ to cut rich-poor gap: Oxfam
- Bhashani Univ suspends 5 BCL leaders ‘for misbehaving with teachers’
- NKorea hackers broke into banks, tried to take US$1.1b
- Oil spill threatens Meghna; unheeded for 5 days
- Haiti quake death toll rises to 15, and 300 injured
Female ‘drug trader’ found dead in M'singh
Police recovered the bullet-hit body of a listed woman ‘drug trader’ from Gandhropa area in the sadar upazila on Sunday morning.
The deceased was identified as Rehena Akhtar, 35, wife of late Azizul Islam of Sankipara area in the town.
Kotwali Model Police Station Office-in-charge (OC) Mahmudul Islam said Rehena might have been killed in a clash between two parties over sharing of drug money.
Being informed by locals, police recovered the bullet-hit body around 9 am besides a road in the area, said the OC.
Police said Rehana used to deal drugs behind the cinema hall in the cantonment area and she was wanted in at least 10 drug-related cases.
The body was sent to Mymensingh Medical College Hospital for an autopsy, the OC added.