- Good men should not be quiet spectators
- We will continue to work with refugee-hosting countries to find solutions
- Voting underway for Gazipur City Corporation elections
- SC upholds Khaleda’s bail in Cumilla arson case
- Teesta inundates 10 Nilphamari villages
- AL confident of victory, fair balloting in Gazipur
- Nahid urges all to work for improving quality of education
- Looting going on in banking sector: Menon
- PM for BD-India sharing of expertise in coastal security
- Ronaldo misses penalty, Portugal draws 1-1 with Iran
Female ‘drug trader’ found dead in M'singh
Police recovered the bullet-hit body of a listed woman ‘drug trader’ from Gandhropa area in the sadar upazila on Sunday morning.
The deceased was identified as Rehena Akhtar, 35, wife of late Azizul Islam of Sankipara area in the town.
Kotwali Model Police Station Office-in-charge (OC) Mahmudul Islam said Rehena might have been killed in a clash between two parties over sharing of drug money.
Being informed by locals, police recovered the bullet-hit body around 9 am besides a road in the area, said the OC.
Police said Rehana used to deal drugs behind the cinema hall in the cantonment area and she was wanted in at least 10 drug-related cases.
The body was sent to Mymensingh Medical College Hospital for an autopsy, the OC added.