- BD needs assistance from IFC in bigger way: Muhith
- Rooppur Nuclear Power Plant: Bangladesh, Russia ink protocol to amend partnership deal
- Ecnec clears Tk 3,825.34 crore project to procure 1.5 lakh EVMs
- PM seeks India’s continued support for Bangladesh’s development
- Bangladeshi scientist leads discovery of novel quantum state of matter
- Rohingya influx puts biodiversity at risk in Cox’s Bazar: UN report
- Myanmar military brutality against Rohingya 'hard to fathom': UN investigator
- Shakib not returning home, wife responds to rumours
- 7, including Bangladeshi, die of suspected alcohol poisoning
- BNP leader Sohel held
Female ‘drug trader’ found dead in M'singh
Police recovered the bullet-hit body of a listed woman ‘drug trader’ from Gandhropa area in the sadar upazila on Sunday morning.
The deceased was identified as Rehena Akhtar, 35, wife of late Azizul Islam of Sankipara area in the town.
Kotwali Model Police Station Office-in-charge (OC) Mahmudul Islam said Rehena might have been killed in a clash between two parties over sharing of drug money.
Being informed by locals, police recovered the bullet-hit body around 9 am besides a road in the area, said the OC.
Police said Rehana used to deal drugs behind the cinema hall in the cantonment area and she was wanted in at least 10 drug-related cases.
The body was sent to Mymensingh Medical College Hospital for an autopsy, the OC added.