- Paul Allen: Microsoft co-founder and billionaire dies aged 65
- Asia stocks at 17-month low as China lets yuan slip
- UK announces $22.25m support for Rohingya refugees
- IMF forecasts 7.1pc economic growth for Bangladesh in 2019
- Bangladesh ‘least committed’ to cut rich-poor gap: Oxfam
- Bhashani Univ suspends 5 BCL leaders ‘for misbehaving with teachers’
- NKorea hackers broke into banks, tried to take US$1.1b
- Oil spill threatens Meghna; unheeded for 5 days
- Haiti quake death toll rises to 15, and 300 injured
- PM Sheikh Hasina donates Tk 50 lakh for Prof MahbubÕs treatment
Teacher killed in Habiganj road crash
The headmaster of a primary school was killed as a bus ran over him at Uttarbazar in Chunarughat sadar upazila on Saturday noon.
The deceased was identified as Didar Ahmed, 40, the headmaster of Badhberi Government Primary School in the upazila.
The accident took place around 12:15 pm when Didar was going back to his home riding motorbike, witnesses said.
At one stage he tried to overtake a CNG-run auto-rickshaw but fell down from the bike and a speedy bus ran over him leaving him dead on the spot.
Later, police recovered the body, said Amiruzzaman, officer-in-charge of Chunarughat Police Station.