- DNCC Panel Mayor Osman Gani passes away
- Grenade found in Natore
- Man killed, 38 RMG workers hurt as bus overturns hitting bike
- PM Sheikh Hasina to leave London for New York to join UNGA Sunday
- BNP joins rally of Dr Kamal-led Jatiya Oikya Prokriya
- Death toll in Iran military parade attack rises to 24: IRNA
- Action against anarchy over grenade attack case verdict: Monirul
- CEC asks politicians not to make comment on EVMs
- HC hearing on Shahidul’s bail plea ‘Sunday’
- PM seeks India’s support for Bangladesh’s development
35 drug addicts jailed in Cumilla
A mobile court here on Sunday sentenced each of 35 drug addicts to 20 days imprisonment for consuming drugs.
Nazrul Islam, officer-in-charge of Sadar Dakshin Police Station, said police along with members of Border Guard Bangladesh, in a joint drive arrested the drug addicts from Ekbalia bordering area on Saturday night.
Later in the morning, a mobile court led by Sadar Dakshin Upazila Nirbahi Officer Rupali Mandal sentenced them.
Meanwhile, all of addicts were sent to the central jail, the OC added.