- Guard polling centres instead of boycotting election
- Paul Allen: Microsoft co-founder and billionaire dies aged 65
- Asia stocks at 17-month low as China lets yuan slip
- UK announces $22.25m support for Rohingya refugees
- IMF forecasts 7.1pc economic growth for Bangladesh in 2019
- Bangladesh ‘least committed’ to cut rich-poor gap: Oxfam
- Bhashani Univ suspends 5 BCL leaders ‘for misbehaving with teachers’
- NKorea hackers broke into banks, tried to take US$1.1b
- Oil spill threatens Meghna; unheeded for 5 days
- Haiti quake death toll rises to 15, and 300 injured
35 drug addicts jailed in Cumilla
A mobile court here on Sunday sentenced each of 35 drug addicts to 20 days imprisonment for consuming drugs.
Nazrul Islam, officer-in-charge of Sadar Dakshin Police Station, said police along with members of Border Guard Bangladesh, in a joint drive arrested the drug addicts from Ekbalia bordering area on Saturday night.
Later in the morning, a mobile court led by Sadar Dakshin Upazila Nirbahi Officer Rupali Mandal sentenced them.
Meanwhile, all of addicts were sent to the central jail, the OC added.