- Good men should not be quiet spectators
- We will continue to work with refugee-hosting countries to find solutions
- Voting underway for Gazipur City Corporation elections
- SC upholds Khaleda’s bail in Cumilla arson case
- Teesta inundates 10 Nilphamari villages
- AL confident of victory, fair balloting in Gazipur
- Nahid urges all to work for improving quality of education
- Looting going on in banking sector: Menon
- PM for BD-India sharing of expertise in coastal security
- Ronaldo misses penalty, Portugal draws 1-1 with Iran
35 drug addicts jailed in Cumilla
A mobile court here on Sunday sentenced each of 35 drug addicts to 20 days imprisonment for consuming drugs.
Nazrul Islam, officer-in-charge of Sadar Dakshin Police Station, said police along with members of Border Guard Bangladesh, in a joint drive arrested the drug addicts from Ekbalia bordering area on Saturday night.
Later in the morning, a mobile court led by Sadar Dakshin Upazila Nirbahi Officer Rupali Mandal sentenced them.
Meanwhile, all of addicts were sent to the central jail, the OC added.