- HC hearing on Shahidul’s bail plea ‘Sunday’
- PM seeks India’s support for Bangladesh’s development
- BD needs assistance from IFC in bigger way: Muhith
- Rooppur Nuclear Power Plant: Bangladesh, Russia ink protocol to amend partnership deal
- Ecnec clears Tk 3,825.34 crore project to procure 1.5 lakh EVMs
- PM seeks India’s continued support for Bangladesh’s development
- Bangladeshi scientist leads discovery of novel quantum state of matter
- Rohingya influx puts biodiversity at risk in Cox’s Bazar: UN report
- Myanmar military brutality against Rohingya 'hard to fathom': UN investigator
- Shakib not returning home, wife responds to rumours
Three killed in Jhenidah road crash
At least three people were killed and seven others injured after a head-on collision between a bus and a human hauler at Sadhuhati intersection in Sadar upazila on Tuesday morning.
The deceased were identified as Raihan Uddin, 70, son of Eman of Pantapara village, Shahinur Rahman, 32, son of Tola Mandal, and Abdul Latif, 60, son of Zakir Hossain, residents of Keshtapur village.
Hasanuzzaman, sub-inspector of Jhenidah Dak Banglow Police camp, said the accident took place around 8:30 am when the bus hit the human hauler (locally known as Alam Sadhu), leaving Raihan dead on the spot and nine others injured.
Among the injured, Shahinur and Latif died on the way to hospital.