- Paul Allen: Microsoft co-founder and billionaire dies aged 65
- Asia stocks at 17-month low as China lets yuan slip
- UK announces $22.25m support for Rohingya refugees
- IMF forecasts 7.1pc economic growth for Bangladesh in 2019
- Bangladesh ‘least committed’ to cut rich-poor gap: Oxfam
- Bhashani Univ suspends 5 BCL leaders ‘for misbehaving with teachers’
- NKorea hackers broke into banks, tried to take US$1.1b
- Oil spill threatens Meghna; unheeded for 5 days
- Haiti quake death toll rises to 15, and 300 injured
- PM Sheikh Hasina donates Tk 50 lakh for Prof MahbubÕs treatment
Three killed in Jhenidah road crash
At least three people were killed and seven others injured after a head-on collision between a bus and a human hauler at Sadhuhati intersection in Sadar upazila on Tuesday morning.
The deceased were identified as Raihan Uddin, 70, son of Eman of Pantapara village, Shahinur Rahman, 32, son of Tola Mandal, and Abdul Latif, 60, son of Zakir Hossain, residents of Keshtapur village.
Hasanuzzaman, sub-inspector of Jhenidah Dak Banglow Police camp, said the accident took place around 8:30 am when the bus hit the human hauler (locally known as Alam Sadhu), leaving Raihan dead on the spot and nine others injured.
Among the injured, Shahinur and Latif died on the way to hospital.