- Good men should not be quiet spectators
- We will continue to work with refugee-hosting countries to find solutions
- Voting underway for Gazipur City Corporation elections
- SC upholds Khaleda’s bail in Cumilla arson case
- Teesta inundates 10 Nilphamari villages
- AL confident of victory, fair balloting in Gazipur
- Nahid urges all to work for improving quality of education
- Looting going on in banking sector: Menon
- PM for BD-India sharing of expertise in coastal security
- Ronaldo misses penalty, Portugal draws 1-1 with Iran
Three killed in Jhenidah road crash
At least three people were killed and seven others injured after a head-on collision between a bus and a human hauler at Sadhuhati intersection in Sadar upazila on Tuesday morning.
The deceased were identified as Raihan Uddin, 70, son of Eman of Pantapara village, Shahinur Rahman, 32, son of Tola Mandal, and Abdul Latif, 60, son of Zakir Hossain, residents of Keshtapur village.
Hasanuzzaman, sub-inspector of Jhenidah Dak Banglow Police camp, said the accident took place around 8:30 am when the bus hit the human hauler (locally known as Alam Sadhu), leaving Raihan dead on the spot and nine others injured.
Among the injured, Shahinur and Latif died on the way to hospital.