- Good men should not be quiet spectators
- We will continue to work with refugee-hosting countries to find solutions
- Voting underway for Gazipur City Corporation elections
- SC upholds Khaleda’s bail in Cumilla arson case
- Teesta inundates 10 Nilphamari villages
- AL confident of victory, fair balloting in Gazipur
- Nahid urges all to work for improving quality of education
- Looting going on in banking sector: Menon
- PM for BD-India sharing of expertise in coastal security
- Ronaldo misses penalty, Portugal draws 1-1 with Iran
Teesta inundates 10 Nilphamari villages
Ten villages in Dimla upazila were inundated as the Teesta River swelled following onrush from the upstream, leaving over 10,000 people marooned.
Sources at the local Water Development Board office said the river was flowing 9cm above the danger level.
The gushing water of the river submerged villages, including Kharibari, Paglachar, Jharshingha, Latibari, Charkharibari, Khalishachapni,Kharkhalichapani, Bagherchar, Charbagherchar and Satnai, under three unions of the upazila, said Nilphamari-1 MP Aftab Uddin Sarker.
He said the victims took shelter in the dam along the Teesta River.