- HC hearing on Shahidul’s bail plea ‘Sunday’
- PM seeks India’s support for Bangladesh’s development
- BD needs assistance from IFC in bigger way: Muhith
- Rooppur Nuclear Power Plant: Bangladesh, Russia ink protocol to amend partnership deal
- Ecnec clears Tk 3,825.34 crore project to procure 1.5 lakh EVMs
- PM seeks India’s continued support for Bangladesh’s development
- Bangladeshi scientist leads discovery of novel quantum state of matter
- Rohingya influx puts biodiversity at risk in Cox’s Bazar: UN report
- Myanmar military brutality against Rohingya 'hard to fathom': UN investigator
- Shakib not returning home, wife responds to rumours
Teesta inundates 10 Nilphamari villages
Ten villages in Dimla upazila were inundated as the Teesta River swelled following onrush from the upstream, leaving over 10,000 people marooned.
Sources at the local Water Development Board office said the river was flowing 9cm above the danger level.
The gushing water of the river submerged villages, including Kharibari, Paglachar, Jharshingha, Latibari, Charkharibari, Khalishachapni,Kharkhalichapani, Bagherchar, Charbagherchar and Satnai, under three unions of the upazila, said Nilphamari-1 MP Aftab Uddin Sarker.
He said the victims took shelter in the dam along the Teesta River.