- Guard polling centres instead of boycotting election
- Paul Allen: Microsoft co-founder and billionaire dies aged 65
- Asia stocks at 17-month low as China lets yuan slip
- UK announces $22.25m support for Rohingya refugees
- IMF forecasts 7.1pc economic growth for Bangladesh in 2019
- Bangladesh ‘least committed’ to cut rich-poor gap: Oxfam
- Bhashani Univ suspends 5 BCL leaders ‘for misbehaving with teachers’
- NKorea hackers broke into banks, tried to take US$1.1b
- Oil spill threatens Meghna; unheeded for 5 days
- Haiti quake death toll rises to 15, and 300 injured
IOM official found dead in Cox's Bazar
Police recovered the body of an official of International Organization for Migration from a hotel in the district town on Thursday night.
The dead, Tauhidul Islam, was from Chittagong's Patiya upazila. He had been working as a senior programme assistant of the IOM, the UN migration agency.
Md Farid Uddin Khondakar, officer-in-charge of Cox's Bazar Model Police Station, said police recovered the body of the 35-year-old man from Hotel Holiday around 9:30pm and sent it to Cox's Bazar Sadar Hospital for an autopsy.
The cause of his death will be ascertained after the postmortem.