- Amidst driver crisis, govt launches initiative to upgrade valid licences
- Series of quakes rocks Indonesia's Lombok, causing panic
- India flood death toll jumps to 357
- 10 Nobel Laureates, 13 eminent personalities demand Shahidul’s release
- 38 student protesters granted bail
- How the ‘deep state’ gamed the system
- US corporate media join in editorialising for press freedom
- Road safety: a Bangladesh perspective
- Hajj This Week: 2m Muslims gather in Makkah
- Killing of Rohingyas: Death toll could be up to 25,000
IOM official found dead in Cox's Bazar
Police recovered the body of an official of International Organization for Migration from a hotel in the district town on Thursday night.
The dead, Tauhidul Islam, was from Chittagong's Patiya upazila. He had been working as a senior programme assistant of the IOM, the UN migration agency.
Md Farid Uddin Khondakar, officer-in-charge of Cox's Bazar Model Police Station, said police recovered the body of the 35-year-old man from Hotel Holiday around 9:30pm and sent it to Cox's Bazar Sadar Hospital for an autopsy.
The cause of his death will be ascertained after the postmortem.