- Quota movement leader held in Sirajganj under ICT act
- President, PM pay homage to Sheikh Mujib
- 15-km tailback on Dhaka-Chittagong Highway
- National Mourning Day being observed
- Three killed in Rajshahi road crash
- Dhaka 2nd least liveable city in world
- Uniform call rate from today
- Khaleda secures bail in defamation case
- Trade war threatens reign of luxury stocks
- India's gold imports surge as jewellers replenish inventory
20 polling agents of BNP traceless: Bulbul
Mosaddek Hossain Bulbul, BNP mayoral candidate for Rajshahi City Corporation elections, today claimed that they could not trace at least 20 of his polling agents since last night.
“We have finalised the list of polling agents. But we failed to track 20 to 25 of his polling agents since last night. We are trying to communicate with them,” he told reporters at Rajshahi Election Commission office this noon.
Bulbul along with his chief election agent and BNP leaders and activists went to the EC office in the city at noon and submitted a written complaint to the EC regional officials.
According to compliment, ruling party mayor candidate AHM Khairuzzaman Liton got the list of presiding officers and polling officers but BNP and other candidates were not provided with it yet.
Later, talking to the media men, Bulbul also said taking part in tomorrow’s RCC polls will be a part of “national movement” as the “law enforcers” are harassing BNP men in the name of arrest.
BNP men will go to polling centre tomorrow to cast their vote with burial shroud as part the “national movement”.
The BNP mayor aspirant alleged that several teams of the “law enforcers” along with ruling party men are going to BNP leaders and activists in different areas of the city and are threatening them to arrest them if they go to the polling centres.
The BNP leader urged the election commission and the law enforces deployed in the city to perform their duties neutrally for holding free and fair election.