- Amidst driver crisis, govt launches initiative to upgrade valid licences
- Series of quakes rocks Indonesia's Lombok, causing panic
- India flood death toll jumps to 357
- 10 Nobel Laureates, 13 eminent personalities demand Shahidul’s release
- 38 student protesters granted bail
- How the ‘deep state’ gamed the system
- US corporate media join in editorialising for press freedom
- Road safety: a Bangladesh perspective
- Hajj This Week: 2m Muslims gather in Makkah
- Killing of Rohingyas: Death toll could be up to 25,000
Celebration of birth annivs of Tagore, Nazrul, Sukanta
Bangladesh Udichi Shilpighosti celebrated birth anniversaries of three great poets of Bangla literature Rabindranath Tagore, Kazi Nazrul Islam and Sukanta Bhattacharya through a programme held at National Art Gallery auditorium of Bangladesh Shilpakala Academy on Friday.
Udichi Shilpighosti president Shafiuddin Ahmed, its vice president Badiur Rahaman, former Udichi president Kamal Lohani and president of Udichi Dhaka city branch Kazi Md Shish jointly inaugurated the programme.
Following the inauguration, Udichi artistes presented songs and poems penned by the three poets.
Artistes of Udichi Savar branch in chorus recited Tagore’s popular poem Sonar Tori.
Artistes of Udichi Badda branch rendered Kazi Nazrul Islam’s revolutionary song Karar oi louho kopat.
Artistes of Udichi Gulshan branch presented poet Sukanta’s song Jibon ar kabye noy.
Following the chorus performances, Udichi artistes entertained the audience presenting solo songs.