- Guard polling centres instead of boycotting election
- Paul Allen: Microsoft co-founder and billionaire dies aged 65
- Asia stocks at 17-month low as China lets yuan slip
- UK announces $22.25m support for Rohingya refugees
- IMF forecasts 7.1pc economic growth for Bangladesh in 2019
- Bangladesh ‘least committed’ to cut rich-poor gap: Oxfam
- Bhashani Univ suspends 5 BCL leaders ‘for misbehaving with teachers’
- NKorea hackers broke into banks, tried to take US$1.1b
- Oil spill threatens Meghna; unheeded for 5 days
- Haiti quake death toll rises to 15, and 300 injured
Celebration of birth annivs of Tagore, Nazrul, Sukanta
Bangladesh Udichi Shilpighosti celebrated birth anniversaries of three great poets of Bangla literature Rabindranath Tagore, Kazi Nazrul Islam and Sukanta Bhattacharya through a programme held at National Art Gallery auditorium of Bangladesh Shilpakala Academy on Friday.
Udichi Shilpighosti president Shafiuddin Ahmed, its vice president Badiur Rahaman, former Udichi president Kamal Lohani and president of Udichi Dhaka city branch Kazi Md Shish jointly inaugurated the programme.
Following the inauguration, Udichi artistes presented songs and poems penned by the three poets.
Artistes of Udichi Savar branch in chorus recited Tagore’s popular poem Sonar Tori.
Artistes of Udichi Badda branch rendered Kazi Nazrul Islam’s revolutionary song Karar oi louho kopat.
Artistes of Udichi Gulshan branch presented poet Sukanta’s song Jibon ar kabye noy.
Following the chorus performances, Udichi artistes entertained the audience presenting solo songs.