- Guard polling centres instead of boycotting election
- Paul Allen: Microsoft co-founder and billionaire dies aged 65
- Asia stocks at 17-month low as China lets yuan slip
- UK announces $22.25m support for Rohingya refugees
- IMF forecasts 7.1pc economic growth for Bangladesh in 2019
- Bangladesh ‘least committed’ to cut rich-poor gap: Oxfam
- Bhashani Univ suspends 5 BCL leaders ‘for misbehaving with teachers’
- NKorea hackers broke into banks, tried to take US$1.1b
- Oil spill threatens Meghna; unheeded for 5 days
- Haiti quake death toll rises to 15, and 300 injured
"Education is the only medium to build a better nation"
In the SSC vocational exam held under the Technical Education Board in 2018, 60 students participated from UCEP AK Khan Technical School. All of the 60 students passed, achieving GPA 5. UCEP Bangladesh arranged a programme to celebrate the achievements of all these meritorious students. The ceremony was hosted by Md Ashrafuddin, Regional Manager of Chattogram region, UCEP Bangladesh. Md Abdus Salam, Chairman, Chattogram Development Authority, was present as the chief guest.
In his speech, Abdus Salam said, “UCEP Bangladesh continues to support and facilitate skill development and job placement of underprivileged children. UCEP Bangladesh runs operations at Bangladesh’s divisional cities, including Chattogram, by providing general and technical education since 1972. In this regards, the UCEP AK Khan Technical School’s achievement is inspirational.” He also added, “Quality education is essential in building a better nation and UCEP Bangladesh is acting as a lighthouse in spreading quality education to the underserved communities of the country.This achievement should be the pride of the nation. The guidance and support of the Prime Minister Sheikh Hasina has enhanced such development in education.”
The chief guest concluded the ceremony by honouring the students with crests.