- Amidst driver crisis, govt launches initiative to upgrade valid licences
- Series of quakes rocks Indonesia's Lombok, causing panic
- India flood death toll jumps to 357
- 10 Nobel Laureates, 13 eminent personalities demand Shahidul’s release
- 38 student protesters granted bail
- How the ‘deep state’ gamed the system
- US corporate media join in editorialising for press freedom
- Road safety: a Bangladesh perspective
- Hajj This Week: 2m Muslims gather in Makkah
- Killing of Rohingyas: Death toll could be up to 25,000
"Education is the only medium to build a better nation"
In the SSC vocational exam held under the Technical Education Board in 2018, 60 students participated from UCEP AK Khan Technical School. All of the 60 students passed, achieving GPA 5. UCEP Bangladesh arranged a programme to celebrate the achievements of all these meritorious students. The ceremony was hosted by Md Ashrafuddin, Regional Manager of Chattogram region, UCEP Bangladesh. Md Abdus Salam, Chairman, Chattogram Development Authority, was present as the chief guest.
In his speech, Abdus Salam said, “UCEP Bangladesh continues to support and facilitate skill development and job placement of underprivileged children. UCEP Bangladesh runs operations at Bangladesh’s divisional cities, including Chattogram, by providing general and technical education since 1972. In this regards, the UCEP AK Khan Technical School’s achievement is inspirational.” He also added, “Quality education is essential in building a better nation and UCEP Bangladesh is acting as a lighthouse in spreading quality education to the underserved communities of the country.This achievement should be the pride of the nation. The guidance and support of the Prime Minister Sheikh Hasina has enhanced such development in education.”
The chief guest concluded the ceremony by honouring the students with crests.