- Paul Allen: Microsoft co-founder and billionaire dies aged 65
- Asia stocks at 17-month low as China lets yuan slip
- UK announces $22.25m support for Rohingya refugees
- IMF forecasts 7.1pc economic growth for Bangladesh in 2019
- Bangladesh ‘least committed’ to cut rich-poor gap: Oxfam
- Bhashani Univ suspends 5 BCL leaders ‘for misbehaving with teachers’
- NKorea hackers broke into banks, tried to take US$1.1b
- Oil spill threatens Meghna; unheeded for 5 days
- Haiti quake death toll rises to 15, and 300 injured
- PM Sheikh Hasina donates Tk 50 lakh for Prof MahbubÕs treatment
Students’ demands logical: Home Minister
Terming the students’ demands logical, Home Minister Asaduzzaman Khan today said the demands have been taken into consideration and will be implemented.
He urged the students to stop the protests and return to normalcy.
The home minister made the remarks after an emergency meeting with the representative of transport owners and workers on the ongoing protests by mainly school students against the death of two of their peers in a road accident on Airport road last Sunday.
Shipping Minister Shahjahan Khan was also present there.