- Quota movement leader held in Sirajganj under ICT act
- President, PM pay homage to Sheikh Mujib
- 15-km tailback on Dhaka-Chittagong Highway
- National Mourning Day being observed
- Three killed in Rajshahi road crash
- Dhaka 2nd least liveable city in world
- Uniform call rate from today
- Khaleda secures bail in defamation case
- Trade war threatens reign of luxury stocks
- India's gold imports surge as jewellers replenish inventory
BNP demands resignation of Shajahan
Bangladesh Nationalist Party secretary general Mirza Fakhrul Islam Alamgir on Wednesday demanded resignation of shipping minister Shajahan Khan branding him as 'instigator' of chaos in transport sector.
In a statement Fakhrul made the demand amid the current movement of students of educational institutions after tragic death of two students of Shahid Ramizuddin Cantonment School and College under the wheels of a bus at Kurmitola on Airport Road in Dhaka on Sunday.
The agitated students placed nine-point demands including tendering resignation of shipping minister Shajahan.
Fakhrul asked the government to immediately resolve the evolving crisis through discussing with the agitated students.
He demanded exemplary punishment to the responsible bus driver for killing the two students.