- Guard polling centres instead of boycotting election
- Paul Allen: Microsoft co-founder and billionaire dies aged 65
- Asia stocks at 17-month low as China lets yuan slip
- UK announces $22.25m support for Rohingya refugees
- IMF forecasts 7.1pc economic growth for Bangladesh in 2019
- Bangladesh ‘least committed’ to cut rich-poor gap: Oxfam
- Bhashani Univ suspends 5 BCL leaders ‘for misbehaving with teachers’
- NKorea hackers broke into banks, tried to take US$1.1b
- Oil spill threatens Meghna; unheeded for 5 days
- Haiti quake death toll rises to 15, and 300 injured
Parents of Diya, Rajib call on PM
Parents of Diya and Rajib, the two college students who died in the earlier this week’s dreadful bus crash on the Airport Road, on Thursday called on prime minister Sheikh Hasina at the PMO.
PMO officials said Sheikh Hasina consoled the parents and said she would stand by the families with all possible supports.
The premier, they said, also gave saving certificates of Tk 20 lakh to each of the families.
Diya Khanam Mim and Abdul Karim Rajib, students of Shaheed Ramiz Uddin School and College, were killed as a Jabal-e-Noor Paribahan bus ploughed through them on July 29.