- Quota movement leader held in Sirajganj under ICT act
- President, PM pay homage to Sheikh Mujib
- 15-km tailback on Dhaka-Chittagong Highway
- National Mourning Day being observed
- Three killed in Rajshahi road crash
- Dhaka 2nd least liveable city in world
- Uniform call rate from today
- Khaleda secures bail in defamation case
- Trade war threatens reign of luxury stocks
- India's gold imports surge as jewellers replenish inventory
Parents of Diya, Rajib call on PM
Parents of Diya and Rajib, the two college students who died in the earlier this week’s dreadful bus crash on the Airport Road, on Thursday called on prime minister Sheikh Hasina at the PMO.
PMO officials said Sheikh Hasina consoled the parents and said she would stand by the families with all possible supports.
The premier, they said, also gave saving certificates of Tk 20 lakh to each of the families.
Diya Khanam Mim and Abdul Karim Rajib, students of Shaheed Ramiz Uddin School and College, were killed as a Jabal-e-Noor Paribahan bus ploughed through them on July 29.