- Quota movement leader held in Sirajganj under ICT act
- President, PM pay homage to Sheikh Mujib
- 15-km tailback on Dhaka-Chittagong Highway
- National Mourning Day being observed
- Three killed in Rajshahi road crash
- Dhaka 2nd least liveable city in world
- Uniform call rate from today
- Khaleda secures bail in defamation case
- Trade war threatens reign of luxury stocks
- India's gold imports surge as jewellers replenish inventory
ADB provides $500m loan to develop 800MW power plant in Khulna
The Asian Development Bank (ADB) has provided US$500 million loan to develop a state-of-the-art 800-megawatt (MW) power plant in Khulna.
The fund will also be used for power transmission facilities along with associated connections to natural gas, according to the ADB.
Muhammad Alkama Siddiqui, additional secretary of the Economic Relations Division (ERD) under Finance Ministry and Manmohan Parkash, country director of the ADB, signed the deals on behalf of their respective sides, at a ceremony in the capital city.
The total cost of the project is $1.14 billion, with the Islamic Development Bank contributing $300 million in co-financing and the government contributing $338.5 million.
The project is due to be completed by the end of June 2022, the ADB added.