- Asia stocks at 17-month low as China lets yuan slip
- UK announces $22.25m support for Rohingya refugees
- IMF forecasts 7.1pc economic growth for Bangladesh in 2019
- Bangladesh ‘least committed’ to cut rich-poor gap: Oxfam
- Bhashani Univ suspends 5 BCL leaders ‘for misbehaving with teachers’
- NKorea hackers broke into banks, tried to take US$1.1b
- Oil spill threatens Meghna; unheeded for 5 days
- Haiti quake death toll rises to 15, and 300 injured
- PM Sheikh Hasina donates Tk 50 lakh for Prof MahbubÕs treatment
- CEC moves to heal rift with commissioners
DU BCL men express solidarity with students
Expressing solidarity with the students demanding safe roads, Bangladesh Chhatra League leaders of Dhaka University unit today distributed chocolates and sweets among the protesters at Shahbagh intersection in Dhaka.
BCL DU unit President Sanjib Chandra Sarker and Secretary Saddam Hossein reached at Shahbagh intersection around 11:30am where around 1,000 students are demonstrating in demand of safe roads for the seventh day.
The government has already accepted the nine-point demand of the students and started implementation, Sanjib claimed adding that now is the time for the protesters to leave roads.
“If the students continue to stay on the road any more, they might face various misguidance from evil forces” Sanjib cautioned.
Sanjib also declared while talking with the students that if any of the BCL men attack the agitating students anywhere in the country, the DU BCL unit will join the protesters against the attack.
Meanwhile, the BCL leaders offered to bring out a procession with the protesting students but the students turned it down saying that if BCL wants to hold programme in their favour, they can hold it separately.