- Quota movement leader held in Sirajganj under ICT act
- President, PM pay homage to Sheikh Mujib
- 15-km tailback on Dhaka-Chittagong Highway
- National Mourning Day being observed
- Three killed in Rajshahi road crash
- Dhaka 2nd least liveable city in world
- Uniform call rate from today
- Khaleda secures bail in defamation case
- Trade war threatens reign of luxury stocks
- India's gold imports surge as jewellers replenish inventory
Students halt PBI chief’s car, driver sued for expired licence
The protesting students today halted the vehicle of the Chief of Bangladesh Police Bureau of Investigation (PBI) at Science Lab intersection in Dhaka and found licence of his driver expired.
The students stopped the car of PBI chief Deputy Inspector General Banaj Kumar Majumdar at the intersection around 10:20am.
“The license of the PBI chief’s driver was expired,” our correspondent reports quoting Inspector Sher Ali, an on-duty officer, at the place.
The students however let the vehicle go after 20 minutes after the traffic police lodged a case against the driver for violating traffic rules, Inspector Sher Ali said.