- Guard polling centres instead of boycotting election
- Paul Allen: Microsoft co-founder and billionaire dies aged 65
- Asia stocks at 17-month low as China lets yuan slip
- UK announces $22.25m support for Rohingya refugees
- IMF forecasts 7.1pc economic growth for Bangladesh in 2019
- Bangladesh ‘least committed’ to cut rich-poor gap: Oxfam
- Bhashani Univ suspends 5 BCL leaders ‘for misbehaving with teachers’
- NKorea hackers broke into banks, tried to take US$1.1b
- Oil spill threatens Meghna; unheeded for 5 days
- Haiti quake death toll rises to 15, and 300 injured
Students halt PBI chief’s car, driver sued for expired licence
The protesting students today halted the vehicle of the Chief of Bangladesh Police Bureau of Investigation (PBI) at Science Lab intersection in Dhaka and found licence of his driver expired.
The students stopped the car of PBI chief Deputy Inspector General Banaj Kumar Majumdar at the intersection around 10:20am.
“The license of the PBI chief’s driver was expired,” our correspondent reports quoting Inspector Sher Ali, an on-duty officer, at the place.
The students however let the vehicle go after 20 minutes after the traffic police lodged a case against the driver for violating traffic rules, Inspector Sher Ali said.