- Quota movement leader held in Sirajganj under ICT act
- President, PM pay homage to Sheikh Mujib
- 15-km tailback on Dhaka-Chittagong Highway
- National Mourning Day being observed
- Three killed in Rajshahi road crash
- Dhaka 2nd least liveable city in world
- Uniform call rate from today
- Khaleda secures bail in defamation case
- Trade war threatens reign of luxury stocks
- India's gold imports surge as jewellers replenish inventory
Miscreants attack US ambassador’s car at Mohammadpur
The vehicle carrying outgoing US ambassador to Bangladesh Marcia Bernicat came under attack by a group of unidentified miscreants as it left the residence of Badiul Alam Majumder, secretary of civil society advocacy group Shujan, on Saturday night.
The US ambassador was attending a courtesy dinner at Majumder's house in the capital's Iqbal Road in Mohammadpur area.
As she was leaving around 11:00pm, a group of miscreants gave a chase and threw bricks at the car she was in, Majumder said.
‘As her car got away, the miscreants turned their attention to my house and hurled bricks at my house,’ Majumder added.
The Shujan secretary, however, said they were unable to identify any of the attackers, or tell if they had been waiting to attack the US envoy's car, or happened to be just passing by.
Inspector (operations) Shariful Islam of Mohammadpur Police Station confirmed that they had heard of a house being attacked on Iqbal Road, and sent a team to investigate.
Majumder, however, said they had been unable to contact police over the incident, and were still feeling insecure at the time of filing this report as the miscreants are still positioned outside his house.