- Guard polling centres instead of boycotting election
- Paul Allen: Microsoft co-founder and billionaire dies aged 65
- Asia stocks at 17-month low as China lets yuan slip
- UK announces $22.25m support for Rohingya refugees
- IMF forecasts 7.1pc economic growth for Bangladesh in 2019
- Bangladesh ‘least committed’ to cut rich-poor gap: Oxfam
- Bhashani Univ suspends 5 BCL leaders ‘for misbehaving with teachers’
- NKorea hackers broke into banks, tried to take US$1.1b
- Oil spill threatens Meghna; unheeded for 5 days
- Haiti quake death toll rises to 15, and 300 injured
Countrywide Traffic Week begins
The observance of Traffic Week across the country began on Sunday to reinforce discipline on roads and highways.
Amid the growing student movement over a nine-point demand, Dhaka Metropolitan Police commissioner Asaduzzaman Miaon Saturdayannounced to observe the Traffic Week across the country.
During the Traffic Week, legal steps will be taken against unfit vehicles, drivers without licenses and violation of traffic rules and against pedestrians who do not follow traffic rules.