- Quota movement leader held in Sirajganj under ICT act
- President, PM pay homage to Sheikh Mujib
- 15-km tailback on Dhaka-Chittagong Highway
- National Mourning Day being observed
- Three killed in Rajshahi road crash
- Dhaka 2nd least liveable city in world
- Uniform call rate from today
- Khaleda secures bail in defamation case
- Trade war threatens reign of luxury stocks
- India's gold imports surge as jewellers replenish inventory
Countrywide Traffic Week begins
The observance of Traffic Week across the country began on Sunday to reinforce discipline on roads and highways.
Amid the growing student movement over a nine-point demand, Dhaka Metropolitan Police commissioner Asaduzzaman Miaon Saturdayannounced to observe the Traffic Week across the country.
During the Traffic Week, legal steps will be taken against unfit vehicles, drivers without licenses and violation of traffic rules and against pedestrians who do not follow traffic rules.