- Quota movement leader held in Sirajganj under ICT act
- President, PM pay homage to Sheikh Mujib
- 15-km tailback on Dhaka-Chittagong Highway
- National Mourning Day being observed
- Three killed in Rajshahi road crash
- Dhaka 2nd least liveable city in world
- Uniform call rate from today
- Khaleda secures bail in defamation case
- Trade war threatens reign of luxury stocks
- India's gold imports surge as jewellers replenish inventory
RAB detains actress Nawshaba
Rapid Action Battalion on Saturday picked up model and actress Kazi Nawshaba Ahmed from Uttara in Dhaka allegedly for spreading
‘rumour’ through social media during students’ protests in Dhaka for road safety.
‘Kazi Nawshaba Ahmed was brought to RAB-1 office from capital’s Uttara for interrogation for spreading rumour regarding the ongoing situation,’ a text message sent by RAB’s legal and media wing reads.
Nawshaba came on Facebook live after a clash between protesting students and the police as well as leaders and activists of ruling Awami League and its front organisations at Dhanmondi and Jigatala, claiming that two students were killed and eyes of another gouged out.
In her facebook live, the actress requested people to get united, take to the streets to ‘protect’ the ‘affected’ protesters as they were attacked by Chhatra League activists.
Students, mostly of school and colleges, in Dhaka and elsewhere in the country took to the streets on July 29, demanding safe roads following death of two students of Shaheed Ramij Uddin Cantonment College and injury of 12 others in an accident in city’s Kurmitola during racing of a bus with two others.