- Quota movement leader held in Sirajganj under ICT act
- President, PM pay homage to Sheikh Mujib
- 15-km tailback on Dhaka-Chittagong Highway
- National Mourning Day being observed
- Three killed in Rajshahi road crash
- Dhaka 2nd least liveable city in world
- Uniform call rate from today
- Khaleda secures bail in defamation case
- Trade war threatens reign of luxury stocks
- India's gold imports surge as jewellers replenish inventory
Ministry cautions Ekattor TV
The information ministry has requested” Ekattor TV not to air programmes, news, and footage that go against the National Broadcast Policy-2014 and could encourage public disorder.
The ministry on Thursday issued a notice upon the managing director of Ekattor Media Ltd, parent company of the TV channel.
The notice said that the channel aired some footage on August 1 (Wednesday) and August 2 (Thursday) of the student agitation following recent road accidents.
This created panic among people. The channel's actions were contradictory to paragraphs 5.1.5, 5.1.6, and 5.1.9 of the National Broadcast Policy-2014, it said. This paper contacted the channel but it declined to comment.