- Asia stocks at 17-month low as China lets yuan slip
- UK announces $22.25m support for Rohingya refugees
- IMF forecasts 7.1pc economic growth for Bangladesh in 2019
- Bangladesh ‘least committed’ to cut rich-poor gap: Oxfam
- Bhashani Univ suspends 5 BCL leaders ‘for misbehaving with teachers’
- NKorea hackers broke into banks, tried to take US$1.1b
- Oil spill threatens Meghna; unheeded for 5 days
- Haiti quake death toll rises to 15, and 300 injured
- PM Sheikh Hasina donates Tk 50 lakh for Prof MahbubÕs treatment
- CEC moves to heal rift with commissioners
Ministry cautions Ekattor TV
The information ministry has requested” Ekattor TV not to air programmes, news, and footage that go against the National Broadcast Policy-2014 and could encourage public disorder.
The ministry on Thursday issued a notice upon the managing director of Ekattor Media Ltd, parent company of the TV channel.
The notice said that the channel aired some footage on August 1 (Wednesday) and August 2 (Thursday) of the student agitation following recent road accidents.
This created panic among people. The channel's actions were contradictory to paragraphs 5.1.5, 5.1.6, and 5.1.9 of the National Broadcast Policy-2014, it said. This paper contacted the channel but it declined to comment.