- Guard polling centres instead of boycotting election
- Paul Allen: Microsoft co-founder and billionaire dies aged 65
- Asia stocks at 17-month low as China lets yuan slip
- UK announces $22.25m support for Rohingya refugees
- IMF forecasts 7.1pc economic growth for Bangladesh in 2019
- Bangladesh ‘least committed’ to cut rich-poor gap: Oxfam
- Bhashani Univ suspends 5 BCL leaders ‘for misbehaving with teachers’
- NKorea hackers broke into banks, tried to take US$1.1b
- Oil spill threatens Meghna; unheeded for 5 days
- Haiti quake death toll rises to 15, and 300 injured
CUET prepones Eid holidays, asks students to leave halls
Authorities of Chittagong University of Engineering and Technology (Cuet) today preponed the Eid vacation from today and asked its students to vacate halls.
Male students were asked to vacate the halls by 5:00pm today while female students were given till 10:00am tomorrow, reports our Chittagong University correspondent quoting Rafiqul Islam, vice-chancellor of the university.
The Eid vacation was supposed to start from August 19 but the authorities preponed as the students are not attending classes following the current student protest for safe roads, the VC said.
However, the university halls are always kept open during the Eid holidays.
However, the students claimed that the decision came from the authorities to quell the protests.