- Amidst driver crisis, govt launches initiative to upgrade valid licences
- Series of quakes rocks Indonesia's Lombok, causing panic
- India flood death toll jumps to 357
- 10 Nobel Laureates, 13 eminent personalities demand Shahidul’s release
- 38 student protesters granted bail
- How the ‘deep state’ gamed the system
- US corporate media join in editorialising for press freedom
- Road safety: a Bangladesh perspective
- Hajj This Week: 2m Muslims gather in Makkah
- Killing of Rohingyas: Death toll could be up to 25,000
CUET prepones Eid holidays, asks students to leave halls
Authorities of Chittagong University of Engineering and Technology (Cuet) today preponed the Eid vacation from today and asked its students to vacate halls.
Male students were asked to vacate the halls by 5:00pm today while female students were given till 10:00am tomorrow, reports our Chittagong University correspondent quoting Rafiqul Islam, vice-chancellor of the university.
The Eid vacation was supposed to start from August 19 but the authorities preponed as the students are not attending classes following the current student protest for safe roads, the VC said.
However, the university halls are always kept open during the Eid holidays.
However, the students claimed that the decision came from the authorities to quell the protests.