- Amidst driver crisis, govt launches initiative to upgrade valid licences
- Series of quakes rocks Indonesia's Lombok, causing panic
- India flood death toll jumps to 357
- 10 Nobel Laureates, 13 eminent personalities demand Shahidul’s release
- 38 student protesters granted bail
- How the ‘deep state’ gamed the system
- US corporate media join in editorialising for press freedom
- Road safety: a Bangladesh perspective
- Hajj This Week: 2m Muslims gather in Makkah
- Killing of Rohingyas: Death toll could be up to 25,000
PM visits injured AL men at hospital
Prime Minister Sheikh Hasina today visited National Institute of Ophthalmology and Hospital in the capital to see Awami League activists who were undergoing treatment at the hospital after being injured in an attack carried out by miscreants during the student movement for safe roads.
Sheikh Hasina went to the hospital around 6:00 pm and enquired about the conditions of four injured workers of her party, including Sheikh Arafatul Islam Bappy who lost his eyes in the attack.
She also directed the authorities concerned to take necessary steps, if required, to send them abroad for better treatment.
Road Transport and Bridges Minister Obaidul Quader, former Health Minister Dr AFM Ruhal Haque, Dr Habib-e Millat, MP, and Awami League Organising Secretary Enamul Haque Shamim were present during the visit.