- Guard polling centres instead of boycotting election
- Paul Allen: Microsoft co-founder and billionaire dies aged 65
- Asia stocks at 17-month low as China lets yuan slip
- UK announces $22.25m support for Rohingya refugees
- IMF forecasts 7.1pc economic growth for Bangladesh in 2019
- Bangladesh ‘least committed’ to cut rich-poor gap: Oxfam
- Bhashani Univ suspends 5 BCL leaders ‘for misbehaving with teachers’
- NKorea hackers broke into banks, tried to take US$1.1b
- Oil spill threatens Meghna; unheeded for 5 days
- Haiti quake death toll rises to 15, and 300 injured
PM visits injured AL men at hospital
Prime Minister Sheikh Hasina today visited National Institute of Ophthalmology and Hospital in the capital to see Awami League activists who were undergoing treatment at the hospital after being injured in an attack carried out by miscreants during the student movement for safe roads.
Sheikh Hasina went to the hospital around 6:00 pm and enquired about the conditions of four injured workers of her party, including Sheikh Arafatul Islam Bappy who lost his eyes in the attack.
She also directed the authorities concerned to take necessary steps, if required, to send them abroad for better treatment.
Road Transport and Bridges Minister Obaidul Quader, former Health Minister Dr AFM Ruhal Haque, Dr Habib-e Millat, MP, and Awami League Organising Secretary Enamul Haque Shamim were present during the visit.