- Amidst driver crisis, govt launches initiative to upgrade valid licences
- Series of quakes rocks Indonesia's Lombok, causing panic
- India flood death toll jumps to 357
- 10 Nobel Laureates, 13 eminent personalities demand Shahidul’s release
- 38 student protesters granted bail
- How the ‘deep state’ gamed the system
- US corporate media join in editorialising for press freedom
- Road safety: a Bangladesh perspective
- Hajj This Week: 2m Muslims gather in Makkah
- Killing of Rohingyas: Death toll could be up to 25,000
11 development projects get ECNEC nod
The government on Tuesday approved 11 development projects including the smart electricity bill prepaid meter installation project at a total cost of Tk 64.48 billion.
The approval came at the fourth meeting of The Executive Committee of the National Economic Council (ECNEC) for fiscal 18-19 held at NEC conference room with Prime Minister Sheikh Hasina in the chair.
Planning Minister AHM Mustafa Kamal briefed media about the outcome of the meeting.
He said, as per decision, Dhaka Electric Supply Company Ltd (DESCO) will install a total of 200,000 prepaid meters across the city.
The cost of the smart electricity bill prepaid meter installation project is set at Tk 1.90 billion.
Mr. Kamal also said, out of the total cost Tk 64.16 billion will be provided from the government’s internal resources while the remaining will be provided by implementing agencies.