- Guard polling centres instead of boycotting election
- Paul Allen: Microsoft co-founder and billionaire dies aged 65
- Asia stocks at 17-month low as China lets yuan slip
- UK announces $22.25m support for Rohingya refugees
- IMF forecasts 7.1pc economic growth for Bangladesh in 2019
- Bangladesh ‘least committed’ to cut rich-poor gap: Oxfam
- Bhashani Univ suspends 5 BCL leaders ‘for misbehaving with teachers’
- NKorea hackers broke into banks, tried to take US$1.1b
- Oil spill threatens Meghna; unheeded for 5 days
- Haiti quake death toll rises to 15, and 300 injured
11 development projects get ECNEC nod
The government on Tuesday approved 11 development projects including the smart electricity bill prepaid meter installation project at a total cost of Tk 64.48 billion.
The approval came at the fourth meeting of The Executive Committee of the National Economic Council (ECNEC) for fiscal 18-19 held at NEC conference room with Prime Minister Sheikh Hasina in the chair.
Planning Minister AHM Mustafa Kamal briefed media about the outcome of the meeting.
He said, as per decision, Dhaka Electric Supply Company Ltd (DESCO) will install a total of 200,000 prepaid meters across the city.
The cost of the smart electricity bill prepaid meter installation project is set at Tk 1.90 billion.
Mr. Kamal also said, out of the total cost Tk 64.16 billion will be provided from the government’s internal resources while the remaining will be provided by implementing agencies.